Subject: [lisp] Proposed changes to draft-ietf-lisp-multicast-03

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:41:05 -0700

Enclosed you will find:

(1) Slide-set from Anaheim IETF where I presented proposed changes to  
the next revision of the LISP-Multicast draft.

(2) A 02-to-03 diff file with the proposed changes.

(3) The -03 draft itself.

Here are the proposed changes:

A.1.  Changes to draft-ietf-lisp-multicast-03.txt

    o  Posted April 2010.

    o  Added section 8.1.2 to address Joel Halpern's comment about
       receiver sites joining the same source site via 2 different  
RLOCs,
       each being a separate ITR.

    o  Change all occurences of "mPTR" to "mPETR" to become more
       consistent with uPITRs and uPETRs described in [INTWORK].  That
       is, an mPETR is a LISP multicast router that decapsulates
       multicast packets that are encapsulated to it by ITRs in  
multicast
       source sites.

    o  Add clarifications in section 9 about how homogeneous multicast
       encapsulation should occur.  As well as describing in this
       section, how to deal with mixed-locator sets to avoid
       heterogeneous encapsulation.

    o  Introduce concept of mPITRs to help reduce (S-EID,G) to the edges
       of LISP global multicast network.

----

Since the number of changes are small, We would like to have review  
comments back by Friday, close of business PDT. If we receive no  
comments, or the comments are resolved to the commentor's  
satisfaction, we will post on Friday.

Thanks,
Dino/Dave/JohnZ/Stig

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:17:52 -0700

Just an FYI that I have not received any comments so far on this  
draft. I will post this draft to the ID directory in 24 hours.

Thanks,
Dino

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
> Date: April 13, 2010 8:41:05 AM PDT
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: David Meyer <[email-masked]>, Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>,  
> John Zwiebel <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Proposed changes to draft-ietf-lisp-multicast-03
>
> Enclosed you will find:
>
> (1) Slide-set from Anaheim IETF where I presented proposed changes  
> to the next revision of the LISP-Multicast draft.
>