Subject: [lisp] #96: Confidence in informal Survey (comment 16 reported by Y. Rekhter)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 05:20:44 -0000

#96: Confidence in informal Survey (comment 16 reported by Y. Rekhter)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major               |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Section 5:

     Based on informal surveys of large ISP traffic patterns, it appears
     that most transit paths can accommodate a path MTU of at least 4470
     bytes. The exceptions, in terms of data rate, number of hosts
     affected, or any other metric are expected to be vanishingly small.

 An informal survey is not sufficient to provide confidence that the
 exception will be vanishingly small.  It seems likely that the informal
 survey may have suffered from sampling bias, as most such surveys do.
 For example, did the survey consider wireless carriers?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/96>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues