Subject: [lisp] #72: RTT estimation for the forwarding path (from D. Papadimitriou's review)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:47:52 -0000

#72: RTT estimation for the forwarding path (from D. Papadimitriou's review)
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical                      |      Status:  new            
Priority:  minor                          |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:                 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Section 6.3.2 states “RLOC Probing can also provide RTT estimates
 between a pair of locators which can be useful for network management
 purposes as well as for selecting low delay paths.” If the exchanges
 are performed in the control plane it is not clear how such RTT/delay
 values can be derived for the forwarding path ? Can authors explain ?
 Authors should also check the accuracy of the estimate vs overhead
 generated by such technique.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/72>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues