Subject: [lisp] #105: EID-to-RLOC UDP Map-Reply message (comment 23 reported by Y. Rekhter)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 05:37:52 -0000

#105: EID-to-RLOC UDP Map-Reply message (comment 23 reported by Y. Rekhter)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major               |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Section 6.1.5 EID-to-RLOC UDP Map-Reply message

     A Map-Request for EID 10.1.5.5, would cause a Map-Reply with a record
     count of 3 to be returned with mapping records for EID-prefixes
     10.1.0.0/16, 10.1.1.0/24, and 10.1.2.0/24.

 Why would those three prefixes be returned?  A more general comment is
 that what a Map-Reply must return in response to a given Map-Request is
 underspecified (or the specification is not comprehensible).

 To address this perhaps insert something like the following:

   "When an ETR replies to a Map-Request, it must reply with its
   EID-prefix that is the best match for the Map-Request. In addition,
   if it is configured with any EID-prefixes which are more-specifics
   of the best match EID-prefix that it returns in its Map-Reply, it
   must return all of those more-specific EID-prefixe s in the same
   Map-Reply".

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/105>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues