Subject: [lisp] #85: Mobility without address changing (comment 9 reported by Y. Rekhter)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 04:47:01 -0000

#85: Mobility without address changing (comment 9 reported by Y. Rekhter)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major               |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Introduction:

 5. Mobility without address changing.  Existing mobility mechanisms
      will be able to work in a locator/ID separation scenario.

 It appears from section 10, Mobility Considerations, that this claim is
 overstated or at least premature.  For evidence of this, consider that
 section 10 suggests that mobility requirements should be relaxed in order
 to accommodate LISP's other requirements.  This strongly suggests that
 mobility is not an important LISP design goal.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/85>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues