Subject: [lisp] #95: On eliminating vs. deferring mapping lookup (comment 15 reported by Y. Rekhter)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 05:18:21 -0000

#95: On eliminating vs. deferring mapping lookup (comment 15 reported by Y.
Rekhter)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major               |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Section 4.1:

     In order to eliminate the need for a mapping lookup in the reverse
     direction, an ETR MAY create a cache entry that maps the source EID
     (inner header source IP address) to the source RLOC (outer header
     source IP address) in a received LISP packet.  Such a cache entry is
     termed a "gleaned" mapping and only contains a single RLOC for the
     EID in question.  More complete information about additional RLOCs
     SHOULD be verified by sending a LISP Map-Request for that EID.

 The last sentence in the quote contradicts the first sentence.  The
 mapping lookup is not eliminated, but merely deferred.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/95>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues