Subject: [lisp] #90: Restricting re-encapsulation (comment 12 reported by Y. Rekhter)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 04:59:00 -0000

#90: Restricting re-encapsulation (comment 12 reported by Y. Rekhter)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major               |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Section 3:

     Reencapsulating Tunnels:   when a packet has no more than one LISP IP
     header (two IP headers total) and when it needs to be diverted to
     new RLOC, an ETR can decapsulate the packet (remove the LISP
     header) and prepend a new tunnel header, with new RLOC, on to the
     packet.

 Why re-encapsulation is restricted to packets that only have a single
 level of LISP encapsulation?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/90>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues