Subject: [lisp] #107: "Weight" in Map-Reply Message Format (comment 22 reported by Y. Rekhter)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 05:47:25 -0000

#107: "Weight" in Map-Reply Message Format (comment 22 reported by Y. Rekhter)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major               |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Section 6.1.4:

      Weight:  when priorities are the same for multiple RLOCs, the weight
                      indicates how to balance unicast traffic between
 them.  Weight is
                      encoded as a percentage of total unicast packets that
 match the
                      mapping entry.  If a non-zero weight value is used
 for any RLOC,
                      then all RLOCs must use a non-zero weight value and
 then the sum
                      of all weight values MUST equal 100.

 The document does not specify how it is to be handled if the sum is not
 100. The same criticism applies to M Weight.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/107>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues