Subject: [lisp] #62: Control of the egress tunnel endpoints by the provider ISP (from Y. Rekhter Review)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:15:41 -0000

#62: Control of the egress tunnel endpoints by the provider ISP (from Y. Rekhter
Review)
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |       Owner:     
    Type:  technical                      |      Status:  new
Priority:  major                          |   Component:  alt
Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Section 8.3

  Use of ISP PE routers as tunnel endpoint routers gives an ISP control
  over the location of the egress tunnel endpoints. That is, the ISP can
  decide if the tunnel endpoints are in the destination site (in either
  CE routers or last-hop routers within a site) or at other PE edges.

 How is this done, as the CE router (probably) and last-hop within a
 site (surely) is under control of the customer, not the ISP.

  The advantage of this case is that two or more tunnel headers can be
  avoided.

 Only if the extra header in question would be imposed by the first-hop
 ISP. Any other ISP would still need to impose their own header in
 order to do TE.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://zinfandel.levkowetz.com/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/62>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:20:48 -0000

Priority:  major                          |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Changes (by luigi@…):

  * component:  alt => draft-ietf-lisp

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://zinfandel.levkowetz.com/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/62#comment:1>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:38:09 -0000

Description changed by luigi@…:

> ISP. Any other ISP would still need to impose their own header in

New description:

 '''This is part of Comment 39'''

 Section 8.3

--

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/62#comment:2>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues