Subject: [lisp] #79: Editorial Issues (from J. Arkko's mail)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:34:39 -0000

#79: Editorial Issues (from J. Arkko's mail)
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |       Owner:     
    Type:  editorial                      |      Status:  new
Priority:  trivial                        |   Component:  ms 
Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 '''Issue raised by J. Arkko in:  http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/lisp/current/msg02001.html'''

 Editorial:

 The document would benefit from a more systematic description of what the
 different message types, encapsulation modes, and src/dst addresses are. I
 had trouble following what addresses each message has in all cases, for
 instance.

   EID-to-RLOC mapping as that would introduce a circular dependancy.

 dependency...

   in a caching mode, where it saves information about oustanding Map-

 outstanding...

   Encapsulated Map-Reqeust to a matching ETR.  It does not otherwise
   Reqeusts, originates new Map-Requests to the correct ETR(s), accepts

 Request...

      ETR, though static configuration or another out-of-band mechanism

 through

  authoratative

 authoritative?

  Encapsulated Map-Request:   a LISP Map-Request with an additional
  LISP header prepended.  Sent to UDP destination port 4342.  The
  "outer" addresses are globally-routeable IP addresses, also known
  as RLOCs.  Used by an ITR when sending to a Map-Resolver and by a
  Map-Server when sending to an ETR.
 ... when forwarding a MAP-Request to an ETR?

  provides better information about the set
  of define EID prefixes.
 ... defined EID ...

 RFC 2402 is a normative reference, but not used anywhere.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/79>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues