Subject: [lisp] #76: Implication of using anycast addresses for Map-servers

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:21:02 -0000

#76: Implication of using anycast addresses for Map-servers
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |       Owner:     
    Type:  technical                      |      Status:  new
Priority:  major                          |   Component:  ms 
Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 '''Issue raise by J. Arkko in:  http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/lisp/current/msg02001.html'''

  Note that Map-Server associations with ETRs
  should NOT use anycast addresses as doing so could cause
  unpredictable forwarding of Map-Requests to the ETRs.

 I do not understand this. If the Map-Servers are on an anycast address,
 how does this affect forwarding to the ETRs? The ETRs are still on unicast
 addresses...

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/76>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues