Subject: Re: [lisp] LISP Site definition

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 22:37:28 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>

    > How about:
    > LISP site: A set of routers in an edge network that is under
    > administrative control by a single organization. LISP routers which
    > reside in the edge network are the demarcation points to separate the
    > edge network from the core network.

Why just the routers? I would argue that namespace blocks are just as
important to LISP as anything else, so I'd think they should be included to
(at least, if not also all the hosts named in those blocks as well).

And the "under administrative control by a single organization" could present
problems too: suppose one organization has a number of different, disparate,
LISP sites it is responsible for? (E.g. a bunch of branch offices in different
locations, which are not connected via internal links, but only through the
public Internet).

I'd think it would be more like 'the set of ETRs which are authoritative for
a given set of namespace blocks', or something like that - something to imply
that it's a set of ETRs acting in concert, not just under common admin control.

	Noel