Subject: [lisp] #81: Implication of deploying of xTRs as first/last hop.

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:25:01 -0000

#81: Implication of deploying  of xTRs as first/last hop.
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical                      |      Status:  new            
Priority:  trivial                        |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:                 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 '''From Y. Rekhter's review'''

 Comment 37:

 Section 8.1
 If ITR/ETR are first/last hop routers, then these routers need to be
 routable within each site RLOC. This means that if a site changes
 providers, the RLOC of these routers would need to change. Therefore, any
 ACLs within each site would need to be modified to allow routing on these
 RLOCs.

 '''In order to clarify the raised issue, the comment has been refined
 as:'''

 Section 8.1 needs to document implications of changing providers
 (changing RLOCs) on configuration/provisioning of devices within
 a site. E.g., this section needs to document that if devices within
 a site use ACLs, then changing providers may require changing
 configuration on these devices.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/81>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues