Subject: [lisp] #65: Missing step to restore 24h TTL in clock-sweep mechanism (from Y. Rekhter's review)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:51:35 -0000

#65: Missing step to restore 24h TTL in clock-sweep mechanism (from Y. Rekhter's
review)
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical                      |      Status:  new            
Priority:  minor                          |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:                 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Section 6.5.1

  The default setting for an EID-to-RLOC mapping TTL is 24 hours.

 This is the only place in the document where the default is specified!

 There is a missing step in the procedure, which is to restore the TTL
 to 24 hours.

 In general, this procedure would seem to lead to increased operational
 complexity, and thus contradict the claims of reduced opex.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://zinfandel.levkowetz.com/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/65>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:24:09 -0000

Description changed by luigi@…:

> complexity, and thus contradict the claims of reduced opex.

New description:

 '''This is Comment 33'''

 Section 6.5.1

--

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/65#comment:1>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues