Subject: [lisp] #104: Impact of slashdotting ETR (comment 21 reported by Y. Rekhter)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 05:35:19 -0000

#104: Impact of slashdotting ETR (comment 21 reported by Y. Rekhter)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major               |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Section 6.1.3

 General questions on this section include what is the expected behavior
 when an ETR is slashdotted (i.e., is subjected to an unexpected, very
 high, continuous load of legitimate queries), a comparison of the failure
 mode in this scenario to the behavior of a non-LISP network in the same
 scenario, and the related question of what is considered to be
 a reasonable Map-Request rate to support.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/104>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues