Subject: [lisp] #41: Map-Reply sent for not reachable EID (from D. Papadimitriou's review)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 08:13:09 -0000

#41: Map-Reply sent for not reachable EID (from D. Papadimitriou's review)
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical                      |      Status:  new            
Priority:  minor                          |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:                 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Section 4.1 point 4 supposedly if there the destination EID is not
 found in the ETR's EID-to-RLOC database the packet gets dropped ? On
 the other hand how to prevent that a Map Reply is sent in response for
 EID prefix not reachable but statically configured in the ETR's
 EID-to-RLOC database. The case of ETR responding with “coarser
 EID-RLOC” mapping due e.g. to sub-segmentation is partially addressed
 in Section 6.1.5.1

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/41>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues