Subject: [lisp] #70: Client not respecting RLOC weights (from Y. Rekhter's review)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:31:05 -0000

#70: Client not respecting RLOC weights (from Y. Rekhter's review)
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical                      |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major                          |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:                 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Section 6.2

  Server-side returns a list of RLOC where a subset of the list has the
  same best priority. Client can only use the subset list according to
  the weighting assigned by the server-side.

 If the client can gain some advantage (or thinks it can) by ignoring
 the server's weighting, it will. There should be some consideration of
 whether this is a problem, and if so, how to address it.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/70>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:08:23 -0000

Description changed by luigi@…:

> whether this is a problem, and if so, how to address it.

New description:

 '''This is part of Comment 26 of Rekhter's review'''

 Section 6.2

--

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/70#comment:1>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues