Subject: [lisp] #48: MAP-Replies returning different contents for a given EID

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:38:25 -0000

#48: MAP-Replies returning different contents for a given EID
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major               |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 What are the consequences if two entities do return MAP-replies with
 different contents for a given EID?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://zinfandel.levkowetz.com/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/48>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:39:09 -0000

#48: MAP-Replies returning different contents for a given EID (review by Y,
Rekhter)

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://zinfandel.levkowetz.com/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/48#comment:1>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 22:47:56 -0000

#48: MAP-Replies returning different contents for a given EID (review by Y,
Rekhter)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |        Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |       Status:  closed         
Priority:  major               |    Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed          
Keywords:                      |  
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Changes (by dino@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 The ETRs at a site must be configured consistently. Adding this to the
 EID-to-RLOC Database Mapping definition:

   EID-to-RLOC Database:   a global distributed database that contains
       all known EID-prefix to RLOC mappings.  Each potential ETR
       typically contains a small piece of the database: the EID-to-RLOC
       mappings for the EID prefixes "behind" the router.  These map to
       one of the router's own, globally-visible, IP addresses.  Database
       mapping entries MUST be configured on all ETRs for a given site.
       That is, the EID-prefixes for the site and locator-set for each
       EID-prefix MUST be the same on all ETRs so they consistently send
       Map-Reply messages with the same database mapping contents.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/48#comment:2>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:43:25 -0000

#48: MAP-Replies returning different contents for a given EID (review by Y,
Rekhter)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |        Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |       Status:  reopened       
Priority:  major               |    Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:                 
Keywords:                      |  
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Changes (by dino@…):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Changing status from closed to open per Joel.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/48#comment:3>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues