Subject: [lisp] #100: "Stateless" and "Stateful" MTU handling (comment 18 reported by Y. Rekhter)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 05:28:03 -0000

#100: "Stateless" and "Stateful" MTU handling (comment 18 reported by Y. Rekhter)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major               |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Regarding the "stateless" and "stateful" MTU handling solutions, there are
 really two orthogonal parameters at work: whether max MTU is configured
 (5.4.1) or learned (5.4.2) and whether the ITR does (5.4.1) or does not
 (5.4.2) perform fragmentation.  So, there are
 actually room for two more solutions in the matrix, a configured MTU + ITR
 that does not do fragmentation, and a learned MTU + ITR that does do
 fragmentation.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/100>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues