Subject: [lisp] #97: MTU concerns (comment 16 reported by Y. Rekhter)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 05:22:00 -0000

#97: MTU concerns (comment 16 reported by Y. Rekhter)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major               |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Section 5:

     To address MTU concerns, mainly raised on the RRG mailing list, the
     LISP deployment process will include collecting data during its pilot
     phase to either verify or refute the assumption about minimum
     available MTU.

 Even if this is true, the LISP architecture is supposedly not restricted
 to transit networks.  The document discusses location of ITRs within sites
 rather than at site edges.  Is there evidence that 1500 byte MTUs are
 corner cases within sites?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/97>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues