Subject: [lisp] #78: Missing things (from J. Arkko's mail)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:30:42 -0000

#78: Missing things (from J. Arkko's mail)
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |       Owner:     
    Type:  technical                      |      Status:  new
Priority:  minor                          |   Component:  ms 
Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 '''Issue raised by J. Arkko in:  http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/lisp/current/msg02001.html'''

 Missing things:

  * Is there some discussion somewhere about propagating changes to mapping
 data. AFAICT, caching Map-Resolvers and ITRs both store data for some
 amount of time. Can a change be propagated to them, or is this something
 that is not necessary based on some assumptions about the dynamics of the
 network?

  * Also, Map-Servers get updated with fresh information every minute.
 Perhaps the document should state that this puts a limit on how fast the
 information can change. Note that I'm not trying to argue that you should
 design the system for higher speed of change, I'm just asking for the
 characteristics of the design to be described.

  * There should probably be an operational considerations section, to talk
 about things like configurable parameters.

  * What issues do we expect the experiment to resolve? It would be good to
 document what implications of the design we do not currently fully
 understand.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/78>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues