Subject: [lisp] Proposed changes for draft-ietf-lisp-07

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 22:31:59 -0700

Hello LISPers, we'd like to open a review period for the -07 changes  
before the draft is posted to the ID directory. We would like comments  
and discussion by Friday April 23rd. The major changes were presented  
and discussed at the Anaheim IETF, 2 by me and 1 by Luigi, and they are:

(1) Changing the data-header format to add V-bit for Versioning and I- 
bit for Instance IDs.

(2) Adding a list ITR-RLOCs in the Map-Request to deal with  
heterogeneous address-families
     in different sites.

(3) Using Map-Versioning (and not Version-Hashing) as the mapping  
update solution.

Changes to draft-ietf-lisp-07.txt include:

    o  Posted April 2010.

    o  Added I-bit to data header so LSB field can also be used as an
       Instance ID field.  When this occurs, the LSB field is reduced to
       8-bits (from 32-bits).

    o  Added V-bit to the data header so the 24-bit nonce field can also
       be used for source and destination version numbers.

    o  Added Map-Version 12-bit value to the EID-record to be used in  
all
       of Map-Request, Map-Reply, and Map-Register messages.

    o  Added multiple ITR-RLOC fields to the Map-Request packet so an  
ETR
       can decide what address to select for the destination of a Map-
       Reply.

    o  Added L-bit (Local RLOC bit) and P-bit (Probe-Reply RLOC bit) to
       the Locator-Set record of an EID-record for a Map-Reply message.
       The L-bit indicates which RLOCs in the locator-set are local to
       the sender of the message.  The P-bit indicates which RLOC is the
       source of a RLOC-probe Reply (Map-Reply) message.

    o  Add reference to the LISP Canonical Address Format [LCAF] draft.

    o  Made editorial and clarification changes based on comments from
       Dhirendra Trivedi.

    o  Added wordsmithing comments from Joel Halpern on DF=1 setting.

    o  Add John Zwiebel clarification to Echo Nonce Algorithm section
       6.3.1.

    o  Add John Zwiebel comment about expanding on proxy-bit for Map-
       Register messages.

    o  Add NAT section per Ron Bonica comments.

    o  Fix IDnits issues per Ron Bonica.

    o  Added section on Virtualization and Segmentation to explain the
       use if the Instance ID field in the data header.

Thanks,
Dino/Dave/Darrel/Vince/Luigi/Damien

----

----