Subject: [lisp] #108: "R" bit in Map-Reply message format (comment 22 reported by Y. Rekhter)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 05:48:48 -0000

#108: "R" bit in Map-Reply message format (comment 22 reported by Y. Rekhter)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major               |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Section 6.1.4:

      R: when this bit is set, the locator is known to be reachable from
           the Map-Reply sender's perspective.

 The utility of this bit is never explained and it's not clear how one
 would make good use of it.  I.e.,  1 means the sender thinks the given
 locator is reachable, but 0 is just a question mark.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/108>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues