Subject: [lisp] Announcing the first public release of LISPmob

From: Lori Jakab <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 20:58:10 +0200

The LISPmob development team is pleased to announce the first public
release of LISPmob for Linux. LISPmob was developed by Cisco Systems
and it is now being released under the GPLv2, hosted and maintained at
the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).

About LISPmob
- -------------

    LISPmob is an open source IP mobility solution for Linux hosts,
    implementing the LISP Mobile Node [1] specification, which is
    based on the Locator/Identifier Separation Protocol (LISP) [2].
    LISP is being developed within the IETF as a potential solution to
    the routing scalability problem documented in RFC 4984 [3].

Getting LISPmob
- ---------------

    LISPmob source code is available from the project web site,
    http://lispmob.org/ and the public git repository is available
    from Github: https://github.com/LISPmob/lispmob

Features
- --------

    LISPmob supports the following features:

        * IPv4-in-IPv4 encapsulation and decapsulation of LISP data
          packets, based on the map-cache
        * Map-Register
        * Map-Request/Map-Reply
        * SMR
        * RLOC probing

    A more detailed feature list is available in the project wiki:

        https://github.com/LISPmob/lispmob/wiki/Features

Getting Help
- ------------

    The 'users' mailing list offers community support, see the project
    web site for subscription information and web archives. Community
    support is also available on the Freenode Internet Relay Chat
    (IRC) network, by joining the #lispmob channel.

References
- ----------

    [1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-meyer-lisp-mn
    [2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lisp
    [3] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4984