Subject: Re: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-iannone-lisp-eid-block-mgmnt-01.txt

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 12:33:48 -0500 (EST)

> From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>

    > EID space is not globally routed 

I keep hearing people say this, and maybe eventually it _could_ be true, but
in the short term, the reality is that it has to be, to allow interoperation
with non-LISP sites (at least, if you care about that - I would assume
most people would).

Now, exactly _how_ that happens, that's open; and it's as much an O+M question
as it is a technical one: do we have a set of pseudo-'anycast' PITRs, or what?

	Noel

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 13:12:28 -0500

> with non-LISP sites (at least, if you care about that - I would assume

Let's keep distinguishing routABLE (design & allocation policy) vs
routED (operations).  At the moment it is both for operations but one
proposed future is that it won't be routED.

See you soon, maybe ... Scott