Subject: [lisp] [Errata Verified] RFC7052 (4235)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 08:52:47 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC7052,
"Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) MIB". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7052&eid=4235

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2015-01-17
Verified by: Brian Haberman (IESG)

Section: 7

Original Text
-------------
       Example 3: As an example where LCAF is used, suppose
       that the IPv4 EID-Prefix stored is 192.0.2.0/24 and it
       is part of LISP Instance ID 101.  In this case, the values
       within lispMapCacheEntry would be:

          lispMapCacheEidLength  = 11
          lispMapCacheEid = 16387, 7, 2, 101, 1, 192.0.2.0, 24
          ... [skip] ...

       where 11 is the total length in octets of the next object
       (lispMapCacheEID of type LispAddressType).  Then, the value
       16387 indicates the LCAF AF (see the
       IANA-ADDRESS-FAMILY-NUMBERS-MIB), the value 7 indicates that
       the LCAF AF is 7 octets in length in this case, 2 indicates
       that LCAF Type 2 encoding is used (see the LCAF document), 101
       gives the Instance ID, 1 gives the AFI (per the
       IANA-ADDRESS-FAMILY-NUMBERS-MIB) for an IPv4 address, 192.0.2.0
       is the IPv4 address, and 24 is the mask-length in bits.  Note
       that the lispMapCacheEidLength value of 11 octets is used to
       compute the length of the last field in lispMapCacheEid to be 1
       octet -- as computed by 11 - (2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 4) = 1.

Corrected Text
--------------
       Example 3: As an example where LCAF is used, suppose
       that the IPv4 EID-Prefix stored is 192.0.2.0/24 and it
       is part of LISP Instance ID 101.  In this case, the values
       within lispMapCacheEntry would be:

          lispMapCacheEidLength  = 14
          lispMapCacheEid = 16387, 10, 2, 101, 1, 192.0.2.0, 24
          ... [skip] ...

       where 14 is the total length in octets of the next object
       (lispMapCacheEID of type LispAddressType).  Then, the value
       16387 indicates the LCAF AF (see the
       IANA-ADDRESS-FAMILY-NUMBERS-MIB), the value 10 indicates that
       the LCAF AF is 10 octets in length in this case, 2 indicates
       that LCAF Type 2 encoding is used (see the LCAF document), 101
       gives the Instance ID, 1 gives the AFI (per the
       IANA-ADDRESS-FAMILY-NUMBERS-MIB) for an IPv4 address, 192.0.2.0
       is the IPv4 address, and 24 is the mask-length in bits.  Note
       that the lispMapCacheEidLength value of 14 octets is used to
       compute the length of the last field in lispMapCacheEid to be 1
       octet -- as computed by 14 - (2 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 4) = 1.

Notes
-----
The Instance ID within the type 2 LCAF is 24 bits and requires 3 octets (incorrectly calculated as 1)
The AFI within the LCAF type 2 requires 2 octets (incorrectly calculated as 1)

--------------------------------------
RFC7052 (draft-ietf-lisp-mib-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) MIB
Publication Date    : October 2013
Author(s)           : G. Schudel, A. Jain, V. Moreno
Category            : EXPERIMENTAL
Source              : Locator/ID Separation Protocol
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG