Subject: [lisp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-impact-04.txt> (LISP Impact) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 13:23:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
WG (lisp) to consider the following document:
- 'LISP Impact'
  <draft-ietf-lisp-impact-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Locator/Identifier Separation Protocol (LISP) aims at improving
   the Internet routing scalability properties by leveraging on three
   principles: address role separation, encapsulation, and mapping.  In
   this document, based on implementation work, deployment experiences,
   and theoretical studies, we discuss the impact that the deployment of
   LISP can have on both the routing infrastructure and the end-user.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-impact/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-impact/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.