Subject: [lisp] Way forward on 6830bis

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 12:25:19 -0400

It seemed to us that there was likely some confusiona bout how we expect 
to handle the revision of RCC 6830.  The following is what we currently 
expect.

Once we have a new charter approved, the chairs will appoint an editor 
for the revision of rfc6830.  That may be one of the existing authors, 
or a new person.  We will ask for volunteers.

Once we have an author, they will submit a starting ID called 
draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis-00 which will be identical in content to the 
existing RFC.  That may require assistance from the RFC Editor to ensure 
that we get all the changes they made during final edit.

At that point, we will use the trouble ticket system to record issues 
that people bring up.  We will also discuss on the list what changes we 
wish to make according to the charter.  Things will tehn proceed in the 
usual fashion, using the trouble ticket system to help make sure we do 
not drop any of the issues.

Yours,
Joel & Luigi