Subject: [lisp] Alia Atlas' No Objection on charter-ietf-lisp-03-00: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alia Atlas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 09:15:52 -0700

Alia Atlas has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-lisp-03-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-lisp/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I support Jari's concerns about clarity for what is on Standards Track
and what is intended for Experimental.

I also have some concerns about the "The scope of the LISP technology is
recognized to
range from unicast and multicast overlays at Layer 2 as well as at Layer
3,
including NAT traversal, VPNs, and supporting mobility as a general
feature,
independently of whether it is a mobile user or a migrating Virtual
Machine (VM), hence being applicable in both Data Centers and public
Internet environments."

as that seems to basically claim that LISP is recognized and intended to
solve all those problems in a Standards
track way - even when there are already clear and deployed standardized
ways to do so.

I'd prefer to change "recognized" to "potentially applicable" or at a
minimum "recognized to potentially range"