Subject: [lisp] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on draft-ietf-lisp-lcaf-17: (with COMMENT)

From: "Suresh Krishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 07:05:53 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lisp-lcaf-17: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-lcaf/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for taking care of my DISCUSS points. I will clear but I note that
the COMMENT points below still seem pertinent.

* Can you please clarify why Rsvd2 is reserved for future use but this
document already ends up specifying it under "Segmentation"

* I think the reference for AFI is not correct. Shouldn't it be
http://www.iana.org/assignments/address-family-numbers/address-family-numbers.xhtml?
The current reference leads to a generic IANA page.

* Section 4.8:

Is the explanation for the AFI correct? The source dest lookups don't
seem to be multicast addresses.

"When a specific AFI has its own encoding of a multicast address, this
field must be either
      a group address or a broadcast address."

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 02:43:07 -0700

> the COMMENT points below still seem pertinent.

Thanks again for your comments Suresh.

> document already ends up specifying it under “Segmentation"

I have done fixed this.

> The current reference leads to a generic IANA page.

I missed this on your first set of comments. Added now.

>      a group address or a broadcast address.”

I fixed this to refer to “y” for the destination prefix only. 

Thanks,
Dino

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 09:32:51 +0000

Hi Dino,

> Thanks again for your comments Suresh.

No problem. I had already cleared as my DICSUSS points were addressed. Thanks 
for taking care of these comments as well.

Regards
Suresh