Subject: [lisp] Document Action: 'LISP Data-Plane Confidentiality' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-lisp-crypto-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 13:58:23 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'LISP Data-Plane Confidentiality'
  (draft-ietf-lisp-crypto-10.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-crypto/

Technical Summary

This document describes a mechanism for encrypting LISP encapsulated
traffic.  The design describes how key exchange is achieved using
existing LISP control-plane mechanisms as well as how to secure the
LISP data-plane from third-party surveillance attacks.

Working Group Summary

The document filled a gap that the working group felt was
important to address, namely confidentiality in the LISP data
plane. Since the document was created on explicit request of
the working group, it has received strong support during
its evolution.   

Document Quality

On explicit request of the chairs, the authors have requested
and obtained review and feedback from the Security Area Advisory
Group (SAAG). There is at least one implementation of the proposed
mechanism.
   
Personnel

Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Luigi Iannone
Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard