Subject: [lisp] Jari Arkko's Discuss on draft-ietf-lisp-ddt-08: (with DISCUSS)

From: "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 06:53:12 -0700

Jari Arkko has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lisp-ddt-08: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-ddt/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for this draft.

I plan to recommend its approval, but first I would like to ensure that
the issues raised by Dale Worley in his Gen-ART review are addressed
satisfactorily and in consultation with the working group, to ensure that
the document is as clear as possible. Specifically, the questions about
XEIDs and the definition of a peer and a DDT node at least need to be
worked through. (I’m not necessarily asking for text changes, but looking
for convergence in the discussion so that we are on the same page about
what is meant. And I see the discussion is already ongoing -- thanks for
that.)