Subject: [lisp] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-lisp-lcaf-17: (with COMMENT)

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 06:56:28 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lisp-lcaf-17: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-lcaf/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I support Stephen's discuss. It is unclear if and how this information is
used and if this is the right channel to transmit the information;
further the security considerations are not sufficient and should be more
specific regarding the information provided.

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 02:38:36 -0700

> specific regarding the information provided.

Thanks for your comments Mirja. As for the Security Considerations section, we added text and where there is a reference to an individual or a specific device, we refer to the Security Considerations section to discuss suggestions for privacy protection.

As for the LCAF Type usage, the working group decided to include types we plan on using soon (already documented in drafts), but not put references to them because some are individual contributions and not working group documents yet.

Thanks,
Dino