Subject: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-signal-free-multicast-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 09:47:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Signal-Free LISP Multicast
        Authors         : Victor Moreno
                          Dino Farinacci
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-signal-free-multicast-09.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2018-03-09

Abstract:
   When multicast sources and receivers are active at LISP sites, the
   core network is required to use native multicast so packets can be
   delivered from sources to group members.  When multicast is not
   available to connect the multicast sites together, a signal-free
   mechanism can be used to allow traffic to flow between sites.  The
   mechanism within here uses unicast replication and encapsulation over
   the core network for the data-plane and uses the LISP mapping
   database system so encapsulators at the source LISP multicast site
   can find decapsulators at the receiver LISP multicast sites.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-signal-free-multicast/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lisp-signal-free-multicast-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lisp-signal-free-multicast-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lisp-signal-free-multicast-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/