Subject: [lisp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-rfc8113bis-01.txt> (Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP): Shared Extension Message & IANA Registry for Packet Type Allocations) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 09:29:57 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Locator/ID Separation Protocol WG
(lisp) to consider the following document: - 'Locator/ID Separation Protocol
(LISP): Shared Extension Message & IANA
   Registry for Packet Type Allocations'
  <draft-ietf-lisp-rfc8113bis-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-12-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP)
   shared message type for defining future extensions and conducting
   experiments without consuming a LISP packet type codepoint for each
   extension.

   This document obsoletes RFC 8113.

   This document updates I-D.ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-rfc8113bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-rfc8113bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.