Subject: [lisp] Fwd: NomCom 2020: Call for nominations

From: Joel Halpern <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 18:31:30 -0400

Please nominate those people you think would be good to have serving in 
any of the positions the current nomcom is evaluating.

Also, consider this a heads up that when the comment period opens, the 
nomcom will need your comments.  PLEASE plan to provide comments.

Thank you,
Joel

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: NomCom 2020: Call for nominations
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 15:05:39 -0700
From: NomCom Chair 2020 <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

The 2020-21 IETF Nominating Committee (NomCom) is seeking nominations 
from now until October 6, 2020. The open positions being considered by this
year's NomCom can be found at the end of this email and also on this year's
NomCom website:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2020/
Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of the
NomCom 2020 home page, or by visiting the following URL: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2020/nominate/

Note:  Nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org 
datatracker account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account if 
you don't have one already by visiting the following URL: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/

If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made 
by email to nomcom-20 at ietf dot org. If using email, please include 
the word "Nominate" in the Subject and indicate in the email who is 
being nominated, their email address (to confirm acceptance of the 
nomination), and the position for which you are making the nomination. 
If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please tell us if we 
may tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination. If 
you wish to nominate someone via email for more than one position, 
please use separate emails to do so.

Self-nomination is welcome!
Willing nominees will be asked to fill out a questionnaire specific to 
the position for which they are nominated. The questionnaires will be 
available no later than September 1, 2020 and have a submission deadline 
of October 13, 2019. Most are
already posted.

NomCom 2020-21 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing 
Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 8713: "The list of nominees willing to 
be considered for positions under review in the current NomCom cycle is 
not confidential". Willing nominees for each position will be listed in 
a publicly accessible way, e.g., anyone with a datatracker account may 
access the lists. Additionally, the nomination form asks if we may share 
your own name with the nominee. In all other ways, the confidentiality 
requirements of BCP 10 remain in effect. All feedback and all NomCom 
deliberations will remain confidential and will not be disclosed.

There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the NomCom 
to tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination. This 
defaults to “no” - so if you don't mark the field we won’t tell.

In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about 
each of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the NomCom 
on or before October 6, 2020.

Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of your 
nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for management 
permission, as it is easier to decline the nomination than put one in late.

The NomCom appoints individuals to fill open slots on the IAB, IESG, the 
IETF Trust and the LLC Board.  The list of people and posts whose terms 
end with the March 2021 IETF meeting, and thus the positions for which 
this NomCom is responsible, follows:

LLC Board
- Maja Andjelkovic

IETF Trust
- Joel Halpern

IAB
- Jari Arkko
- Jeff Tantsura
- Mark Nottingham *
- Stephen Farrell
- Wes Hardaker
- Zhenbin Li

IESG
- Alissa Cooper, IETF Chair/GEN AD *
- Alvaro Retana, RTG AD
- Deborah Brungard, RTG AD
- Magnus Westerlund, TSV AD
- Roman Danyliw, SEC AD
- Warren Kumari, OPS AD

* - have indicated that they do not intend to accept a renomination. 
This information is always up to date on 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2020/

Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these 
positions, as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for 
the IETF, and also, please consider accepting a nomination. You'll find 
extensive information about specific positions, in individual tabs at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2020/requirements/
In addition to nominations, the NomCom seeks community input on the 
positions themselves. We need and welcome the community's views and 
input on the jobs within each organization. If you have ideas on the 
positions’ responsibilities (more, less, different), please let us know.

Please send suggestions and feedback about this to nomcom-20 at ietf dot 
org.
Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees!
Thanks,

Barbara
IETF NomCom Chair 2020-2021

Barbara Stark
nomcom-chair-2020 at ietf dot org