Subject: [lisp] Martin Duke's No Objection on draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis-30: (with COMMENT)

From: Martin Duke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 15:24:49 -0800

Martin Duke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis-30: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for addressing my DISCUSS.

I would suggest the following rewordings:
OLD
Map-Notify messages are only transmitted upon the reception of a Map-
   Register with the M-bit set, Map-Notify messages are not
   retransmitted.  The only exeption to this is for unsolicited Map-
   Notify messages, see below.

NEW
When transmitted in response to a Map-Register with the M-bit set, Map-Notify messages are not
   retransmitted.

OLD
A Map-Notify is retransmitted until a Map-
   Notify-Ack is received by the Map-Server with the same nonce used in
   the Map-Notify message.

NEW
An unsolicited Map-Notify is retransmitted until a Map-
   Notify-Ack is received by the Map-Server with the same nonce used in
   the Map-Notify message.

s/Notifiy/Notify