Subject: [lmap] RFC 7536 on Large-Scale Broadband Measurement Use Cases

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 18:45:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7536

        Title:      Large-Scale Broadband Measurement Use Cases 
        Author:     M. Linsner, P. Eardley,
                    T. Burbridge, F. Sorensen
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 41039
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lmap-use-cases-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7536

Measuring broadband performance on a large scale is important for
network diagnostics by providers and users, as well as for public
policy.  Understanding the various scenarios and users of measuring
broadband performance is essential to development of the Large-scale
Measurement of Broadband Performance (LMAP) framework, information
model, and protocol.  This document details two use cases that can
assist in developing that framework.  The details of the measurement
metrics themselves are beyond the scope of this document.

This document is a product of the Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband Performance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 10:06:23 +0000

Special thanks to the authors, congratulations to all the contributors and the WG participants!

Regards,

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: lmap [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of rfc-editor@rfc-
> editor.org
> Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 4:45 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [lmap] RFC 7536 on Large-Scale Broadband Measurement Use Cases
>