Subject: [Lsvr] Support for adoption of draft-keyupate-lsvr-bgp-spf-00.txt

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 22:26:27 -0400

I support adoption of draft-keypuate-lsv-bgp-spf-00.txt.

Over the last 15 years, I have observed several operational prototypes
utilizing similar techniques.   The decision process mechanism described are
the outgrowth of some of these mechanisms. 

This draft stands on the shoulders on excellent technology (mentioned in
normative references, and information resources). The IDR drafts mentioned
are reaching mature states.

During the WG discussions, may I suggest the WG should be discuss in more
depth:

a)      the normal versus strict algorithms to determine how these will
interact in deployment, 

b)      sequence number mechanisms and failure modes (cold starts, errors,
and non-cold starts), 

c)       impact of speed differences and massive scale on convergence - to
determine if any standardization needs to be done during initial release, or
subsequent to initial releases, 

d)      the critical nature of getting failure notification (see section
5.5) to the decision process quickly

For the authors, there are a few typos 

Section 5.1, list item 2 page 9, "NLIR" - I think should be NLRI. 

Section 5.5, sentence 1 "requirment" should be requirement. 

Section 7.2 Title - Contributors - should be Contributors. 

Susan Hares

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 11:56:46 -0400

To aid the WG chairs, let me answer their questions as well 

1.      Support to adopt draft "draft-keyupate-lsvr-bgp-spf-00 as LSVR WG
document? Yes - (see below for why) 

2.      Do you feel "draft-keyupate-lsvr-bgp-spf-00" complies to the LSVR
charter, please explain if you think it does not conform to the LSVR
charter?  complies to LSVR charter 

3)            Are there any technical issues with this draft? 

4)           Which are current pain-points in the draft requiring additional
content and technical attention?

See #3 

5)            What is missing from this draft? 

Answers to #3 should be added to draft.  Deployment info should also be
added.  

Cheerily, 

Susan 

From: Lsvr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:26 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; 'Acee Lindem (acee)'; 'Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia -
BE/Antwerp)'
Subject: [Lsvr] Support for adoption of draft-keyupate-lsvr-bgp-spf-00.txt

Susan Hares