Subject: [Maprg] [dagstuhl seminar]: global measurements: practice and experience

From: "Bajpai, Vaibhav" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 14:05:35 +0000

Dear MAPRG,

-- sorry for cross-posting.

A SIGCOMM CCR article summarising the Dagstuhl seminar on ‘Global Measurements:
Practice and Experience’ just came online [a]. Thought to share it with you:

[a] http://www.sigcomm.org/sites/default/files/ccr/papers/2016/April/0000000-0000004.pdf

Background:

=====================
We recently helped organise a Dagstuhl seminar on Global Measurements:
Practice and Experience [b] from January 04 – 07, 2016. This was a followup of
the seminar on Global Measurement Framework [c] which focused on the development
of global Internet measurement platforms and associated metrics.

[b] http://www.dagstuhl.de/16012
[c] http://www.dagstuhl.de/13472

The second seminar aimed at discussing the practical experience gained with
building global measurement platforms. It brought together people who are
actively involved in the design and maintenance of global measurement systems,
who do research on the data delivered by global measurement systems, and who
use data derived from global measurement systems in order to manage networks
or services or as input for regulatory decisions.
=====================

Best, Vaibhav

===================================
Vaibhav Bajpai
www.vaibhavbajpai.com

Room 91, Research I
School of Engineering and Sciences
Jacobs University Bremen, Germany
===================================