Subject: [Maprg] CfP: Workshop on Mobile Network Measurement (MNM’18)

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 14:13:27 +0100

Hi all,

we are again organizing a workshop focused on measurements in mobile 
network (see below). While mobile networks have not been a strong focus 
in this group, we believe that it is needed to learn more about 
specifics of these networks to make our protocols work better in all 
kind of environments.

We would be very happen to see some interesting contributions from 
people on this list!

Mirja

------------------------------------------------------
Workshop on Mobile Network Measurement (MNM’18)
Hosted @TMA Conference 2018
June 25, 2018, Vienna, Austria
http://tma.ifip.org/2018/mnm-workshop/

The second edition of the MNM workshop is a full-day, pre-TMA conference 
event, and takes place on Monday the 25th of June. Proceedings of the 
2nd MNM workshop will be included within the TMA conference proceedings, 
published in the IFIP Open Digital Library, with open access, and 
submitted to IEEE Xplore.

***Important dates***

Paper submission: Friday, April 20, 2018
Author notification: Monday, May 21, 2018
Camera ready: Monday, May 31, 2018
Workshop date: Monday, June 25, 2018

***Overview***

Network measurement provides essential input for operations and 
diagnostics as well as a basis for the network design and development of 
protocols in today’s complex networks. Over the last few decades, mobile 
networks have become a vital piece of the modern communications 
infrastructure, underpinning many aspects of modern society. However, 
measurement is challenging for mobile networks, because the mobile 
ecosystem is complex with many different components required to work 
together in a dynamic environment where channel conditions constantly 
change and users move. The workshop will focus on active and passive 
measurement methods and results for mobile networks.

The objective of the MNM workshop is to bring together researchers and 
industry, especially mobile operators and businesses whose operations 
depend on mobile networks, for discussion of measured network effects as 
well as optimization and advancement of measurement tools and methods 
for mobile environments. We solicit contributions on the 
state-of-the-art, results of ongoing research, open issues, trends and 
new ideas.

***Topics***

+ Measurement results of end-to-end and application-level performance 
(Quality of Experience) in mobile broadband networks
+ Tools and methods for end-to-end as well as application-level 
performance that are optimized for measurements in mobile networks
+ Measurement tools for middlebox and proxy detection as well as reports 
of measured middelbox behavior
+ Classification and modeling of in-network function in mobile networks
+ Machine learning and data analytics for monitoring and analysis of 
mobile network traffic
+ Visualization of dynamics in mobile networks for diagnostics
+ Approaches and protocols to support measurements and monitoring in 
mobile networks

***Submission***

Authors should only submit original work that has not been published 
before and is not under submission to any other venue. Submissions must 
not exceed 6 pages in IEEE 2-column style, including all figures and 
references.

***Contact***

Feel free to contact the MNM workshop co-chairs if you have any 
questions regarding the CfP content:

     Özgü Alay, Simula Research Lab, Norway
     Mirja Kühlewind, ETH Zurich, Switzerland

Sponsored by EU H2020 MONROE and MAMI projects.