Subject: [Maprg] Last days to submit to IEEE ETSN 2019 at NetSoft (Extended paper registration 26/02)

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 08:37:40 +0100

------------------------------------------------------------------------
IEEE Emerging Trends in Softwarized Networks 2019
Colocated with IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization
Paris, France, 28 June 2019
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://project.inria.fr/etsn/

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paper registration: February 26, 2019 (Extended)
Paper submission: March 1, 2019 (Extended)
Notification of acceptance: April  1, 2019
Camera ready: April 5, 2019
Workshop date: June 28, 2019
------------------------------------------------------------------------

>From the perspective of network addressing and routing, IP (including
IPv4 and IPv6) has been adopted by the Internet for more than 40 years,
which is originally designed for host-to-host communication paradigm.
However, this host-to-host communication paradigm has been dramatically
changed by network softwarization and virtualization. In addition,
benefiting from network softwarization and virtualization, novel network
services like cloud computing, edge computing, and fog computing have
attracted a variety of heterogeneous devices (e.g., wearable devices,
sensors, industrial nodes, smart home appliances, and drones) to
communicate through the Internet. For example, a cluster of IoT devices
using ZigBee or IEEE 802.15.4 for local communication may want to use
the MEC (Mobile Edge Computing) service to analyze the data they
generate, and a factory’s programmable logic controller (PLC) hosted in
cloud need to send control commands to a node in its local fieldbus.
Such heterogeneous communications in the future Internet may also bring
challenges to the traditional IP addressing and routing scheme.

The purpose of ETSN 2019 is to identify, explore potential solutions,
the issues of the traditional IP addressing and routing scheme from all
the operational perspectives with the context of ubiquitous and
heterogeneous communications in the future Internet. A major constraint
that would appear is the ability to operate in real-time and to be
compatible with requirements of the softwarized networks regarding its
responsiveness to configuration modifications.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topics of interest:
Authors are invited to submit original contributions
about emerging technologies supported by or applied to softwarized
networks that falls into the following list of topics of interest (not
exclusive list):
- New Internet Protocol Innovation
- Data-analytics integration in softwarized Networks
- Routing and QoS optimization
- BlockChain and its network applications
- ML/AI based networking
- IoT and industrial systems
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submission Instructions:
Prospective authors are invited to submit
original, unpublished works for publication in the IEEE Netsoft 2019
proceedings and for presentation in the workshop. Papers under review
elsewhere must not be submitted to the workshop. Submissions must be in
IEEE 2-column style and have a maximum length of 6 pages. The accepted
papers will be submitted for publication in the IEEE Xplore Digital
Library. Papers will be withdrawn from IEEE Xplore in case the authors
do not present their paper at the workshop Submissions must be made in
PDF format via edas https://edas.info/index.php?c=25713
------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETSN co-chairs:
Jérôme François, Inria, France
Shen Yan, Huawei
Technologies, China
Cesar Viho, University of Rennes 1, France
Shao Ying Zhu, University of Derby, UK
Amjad Gawanmeh, Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi, UAE, and Concordia
University, Montreal Canada