Subject: [Maprg] Call for Demos - TMA 2019 >Extended Deadline!!!!<

From: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 12:26:17 +0100

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Traffic Measurement and Analysis Conference - TMA 2019

**********************************************************************
* Call for demo proposals with extended deadline &                   *
* special session on hands-on network traffic measurement & analysis *
**********************************************************************

Paris, France - June 19-21, 2019
http://tma.ifip.org/2019/

Technically sponsored by IFIP, IEEE, IEEE ComSoc, and organized
in-cooperation with ACM SIGCOMM

With the support from Akamai, Huawei, RIPE, CISCO NewNet, Google M-Lab
Amazon, Verizon Digital Media Services, DE-CIX, SIDN Labs, ACM SIGCOMM
ThousandEyes, ONF, gandi.net, and H2020 CONCORDIA
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Important dates

******************
* Demo proposals *
******************

Submission deadline : April 7, 2019 [UPDATED!!!]
Author notification: April 15, 2019
Camera ready: April 29, 2019

**************************
* Special session papers *
**************************

Submission deadline: April 7, 2019
Author notification: May 3, 2019
Camera ready: May 17, 2019

-- Call for demo proposals

TMA Conference 2019 calls for proposals for research prototype
demonstrations. As a high-profile, leading edge forum, for researchers
and engineers in the field of network traffic measurement and analysis,
TMA 2019 offers a unique opportunity to showcase applications, exchange
with a highly skilled audience and discuss around emerging technologies
and paradigms and recent research prototypes with key leaders in the
domain.

In particular, we are seeking for demonstrations showcasing working
systems, innovative applications, innovative and groundbreaking ideas,
and novel concepts related to the topics of interested of the main
conference. We welcome demos coming from both industry- and academic-
related research groups. Authors of contributions submitted at TMA 2019
are also encouraged to submit a demo showcasing the concepts and more
technical aspects presented in their paper(s). Further, authors of Demos
accepted in previous editions are invited to submit a new demo proposal
showing the progress they have done.

An award for the best demo will be presented at the TMA 2019 closing
ceremony.

-- Submission guidelines for demo proposals

Prospective contributors are expected to turn in a demo proposal in
the form of a 2-page extended abstract, plus a one-page appendix
detailing the demo, in IEEE conference double-column format (with
the same format as the main conference). In the one-page appendix
(which will not be published in the proceedings) authors should
include a summary describing the demonstration, the equipment that
will be used, and any special request concerning, e.g., power
connections, Internet access, physical space, etc.

Demo papers will be peer-reviewed and accepted papers will be
included in the conference proceedings. Demo proposals will be
reviewed by the TMA 2019 Demo Chairs and will be accepted based
on availability of demo space as well as on the following criteria:
- Extent and significance of the research contribution,
- Potential impact on the audience,
- Quality of the proposed implementation,
- Presentation quality.

Demo papers must be submitted at https://hotcrp.info.ucl.ac.be/tma2019/ and have
to be explicitly marked as “Demo” in the “Submission Type” field.

At least one author of each accepted demo proposal is required to
register for the TMA 2019 main conference (at the full rate) and
present the demo at the scheduled demo session on June 19.

-- Call for special session papers

TMA 2019 will feature a special session on hands-on network traffic
measurement and analysis. The goal of this session is to provide a
venue to disseminate network measurement and analysis work that is
of a more practical flavor, describing experience with hands-on
measurement, data collection and analysis, system implementation,
design and development of data collection tools, and application of
measurement systems and tools in practice.

Papers should focus on describing experiences that can benefit the
community. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- "tips and tricks" in measurement and data analysis
- new tools and trends in data collection/analysis/visualization
- common measurement/analysis pitfalls and how to avoid them
- strengths and limitations of existing measurement systems & tools.

Submissions to this session will be reviewed by the main conference
program committee; however, the evaluation criteria for the special
session will focus more on practical aspects of the work rather than
research contributions.

--- Submission guidelines for special session papers

Authors should only submit original work that has not been published
before and is not under submission to any other venue. Submissions
must not exceed 8 pages in IEEE 2-column style, including references.
Use the standard IEEE Transactions templates for LaTeX or MS Word at
https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html.

If the paper is typeset in LaTeX, please use an unmodified version of
the LaTeX template IEEEtran.cls version 1.8b, and use the preamble:
\documentclass[10pt, conference, letterpaper]{IEEEtran}
Do not use additional LaTeX commands or packages to override and change
the default typesetting choices in the template, including line spacing,
font sizes, margins, space between the columns, and font types. This
implies that the manuscript must use 10 point Times font, two-column
formatting, as well as all default margins and line spacing requirements
as dictated by the original version of IEEEtran.cls version 1.8b.

If you are using Microsoft Word to format your paper, you should use
an unmodified version of the Microsoft Word IEEE Transactions template
(US letter size).

Regardless of the source of your paper formatting, you must submit your
paper electronically, in Portable Document Format (PDF). The review
process is single-blind, hence include authors' names and affiliations
in the front page of the article. Papers must print clearly and legibly,
including all the figures, on standard black-and-white printers.

Submissions that do not comply with all requirements above will be
rejected without further review.

Papers must be submitted at https://hotcrp.info.ucl.ac.be/tma2019ss/,
by creating a personal account. The article metadata, including title,
up-to-250-word abstract, and authors list, must be provided before the
paper registration deadline.

Papers accepted for presentation will be published in the IFIP Open
Digital Library, with open access, and submitted to IEEE Xplore.

At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register 
for the TMA 2019 main conference and present the paper during the
scheduled special session.

--- Contacts

Feel free to contact the TMA 2019 demo co-chairs if you have any
question regarding the demo content or setup:
+ Luigi Iannone, Télécom ParisTech (France) - [email-masked]
+ Liu Xuan, AT&T Labs - Research (USA) - [email-masked]
+ Jose Manuel Sanchez Vilchez, Orange Labs (France) - [email-masked]

The TPC co-chairs are instead available to answer all questions
regarding the special session:
+ Isabelle Chrisment, Loria (France) - [email-masked]
+ Marco Fiore, CNR (Italy) - [email-masked]