Subject: [Maprg] Call for Demos - TMA 2019

From: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 11:59:37 +0100

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Traffic Measurement and Analysis Conference - TMA 2019

Paris, France - June 19-21, 2019
http://tma.ifip.org/2019/

Technically sponsored by IFIP, in-cooperation with ACM SIGCOMM
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Call for Demos

TMA Conference 2019 calls for proposals for research prototype demonstrations.
As a high-profile, leading edge forum, for researchers and engineers in the
field of network traffic measurement and analysis, TMA 2019 offers a unique
opportunity to showcase applications, exchange with a highly skilled audience
and discuss around emerging technologies and paradigms and recent research
prototypes with key leaders in the domain.

In particular, we are seeking for demonstrations showcasing working systems, 
innovative applications, innovative and groundbreaking ideas, and novel concepts
related to the topics of interested of the main conference. We welcome demos
coming from both industry- and academic-related research groups. Authors of
contributions submitted at TMA 2019 are also encouraged to submit a demo
showcasing the concepts and more technical aspects presented in their paper(s).
Further, authors of Demos accepted in previous editions are invited to submit
a new demo proposal showing the progress they have done.

An award for the best demo will be presented at the TMA 2019 closing ceremony.

-- Submission guidelines for Demos

Prospective contributors are expected to turn in a demo proposal in the form of
a 2-page extended abstract, plus a one-page appendix detailing the demo, in IEEE conference double-column format (following the same format as the main conference).
In the one-page appendix (which will not be published in the proceedings) authors
should include a summary describing the demonstration, the equipment that will be
used, and any special request concerning, e.g., power connections, Internet access,
physical space, etc.

Demo papers will be peer-reviewed and accepted papers will be included in the
conference proceedings. Demo proposals will be reviewed by the TMA 2019 Demo Chairs
and will be accepted based on availability of demo space as well as on the following
criteria:
- Extent and significance of the research contribution,
- Potential impact on the audience,
- Quality of the proposed implementation,
- Presentation quality.

Demo papers must be submitted at https://hotcrp.info.ucl.ac.be/tma2019/ and have
to be explicitly marked as “Demo” in the “Submission Type” field.

At least one author of each accepted demo proposal is required to register for the
TMA 2019 main conference (at the full rate) and present the demo at the scheduled
demo sessions, on Wednesday the 19th and Friday the 21th of June.

-- Important dates

Submission deadline: Friday, March 29, 2019
Author notification: Monday, April 15, 2019
Camera ready: Monday, April 29, 2019

-- Organizing committee

Feel free to contact the TMA 2019 demo co-chairs if you have any questions regarding
the demo content or setup:
- Luigi Iannone, Télécom ParisTech, [email-masked]
- Liu Xuan, AT&T Labs - Research, [email-masked]
- Jose Manuel Sanchez Vilchez, Orange Labs, [email-masked]