Subject: [Maprg] Fwd: Call for Participants/Projects: IETF 105 Hackathon, July 20 and 21, 2019, Montreal

From: Dave Plonka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 11:39:17 -0500

Hi folks -

Have you considered joining us for the hackathon in Montreal (call below)?
(Search for "MAP" here:
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/105hackathon )

Current candidate MAPRG-related candidate hackathon projects are:

* Analysis tool development and measurement results for Internet Draft
on Privacy & Security Issues in IPv6 Deployment
  One new idea is to assess the provenance of addresses or prefixes in
IPv6 hitlists, with an eye toward privacy
  and security resulting from these and considering what is
best/ethical practice with regard to culling or
  retaining addresses in hitlists.

* Coding/testing kIP: a Measured Approach to IPv6 Address Anonymization
  This is currently a C code project based on code from Aguri: An
Aggregation-based Traffic Profiler
  (https://www.iijlab.net/~kjc/software/#aguri)
  Other implementations or testers welcome.
  If you'd like to learn more about IP address PATRICA or base-2 radix
trees, this would be a good place to do it. :)

Note also in the wiki that Al Morton has a UDP-based Capacity
measurement project and
will be doing some live measurements (wired connection at hackathon);
you are invited
to join that as well.  (We may colocate this effort with MAPRG's
Hackathon project(s).)

Be sure to register for the hackathon if you intend to join:
   https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf105/hackathonregistration.py
and let us know!

MAPRG will be meeting Friday morning and we are optimistic that we
will have time to review these Hackathon
projects' progress, as we did last meething:

Thanks!
Dave & Mirja

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Dave Plonka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 4:44 AM
Subject: Call for Participants/Projects: IETF 105 Hackathon, July 20
and 21, 2019, Montreal
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>

######################################################################

                  Call for Hackathon Participants and Projects
                  for maprg, IETF 105, Montreal

The IRTF Measurement and Analysis for Protocols Research Group
(maprg) will, again, sponsor Hackathon projects during the IETF
105 Hackathon (Jul 20,21), 2019, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. We
invite you to participate in an existing MAPRG-associated Hackathon
project or propose to participate in a new project.

The current MAPRG-associated projects can be
found by searching for "MAPRG" in this document:
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/105hackathon

Participants must register for the Hackathon (using the link near the
top of that wiki page). Please contact the project(s)' champion(s)
(from wiki) and meet with the participants at the Hackathon itself.

Propose new MAPRG-associated projects to <[email-masked]>

Note that the Hackathon begins the Saturday prior to IETF, so
participants should plan their travel accordingly.

######################################################################

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

- Dave and Mirja (maprg chairs)

-- 

[email-masked]  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~plonka/