Subject: Re: [Mobike] issues 18, 15, 6 -- return routability

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:22:38 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

     - If the specific IP address can be found in the peer's certificate, 
   you can skip the test
   
=> I maintain my proposal to change this into "if the specific IP address
is already authorized, you can skip the test".
This is more general (as there can be other ways to authorized an address)
and more accurate (so it should answer Vijay's concern).

Regards

[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 12:34:37 +0300

> and more accurate (so it should answer Vijay's concern).

Agree on Francis on this. We do not need to specify how it is already
authorized. Certificate is one way, typed in to the configuration, or
authorized by the dnssec information are others.

Most of the cases where the IP-address is already authorized are the
cases where there is multihoming SGW so all IP-addresses are already
known when the machine is installed, but mobike is simply used because
of the multihoming aspect to select which of those IP-addresses are
used. 
-- 
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:00:12 -0700

How about CGA?

            jak