Subject: RE: [Mobike] issue 19 -- same addresses for both directions?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 18:59:32 +0300

Mohan Parthasarathy wrote:

> If the initiator is multi-homed and connected simultaneously to 
> more than one access (e.g. UMTS and WLAN) at the same time, there
> might be some usefulness in having different paths for upstream 
> and downstream traffic though i don't know really what it is :-)  

I sort of agree with this: there might be some usefulness in this,
but I can't really give any good examples. 

Thus, I think we should follow the KISS principle and assume both 
directions use the same address pair. (If it turns out later that
there is some real important use for this, it can be added then.)

Best regards,
Pasi
_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 19:16:38 +0300

[email-masked] wrote:

>(If it turns out later that
This is a good observation. In some cases we make decisions
that cannot be easily reversed; in this case we are making a
limitation that could (or so it appears) be easily lifted when
in year N we want to use MOBIKE for something that requires
it. But I would personnally really like to do only the absolutely
necessary things right now, if not for other reason than the
ability to complete the RFC as soon as possible.

--Jari

---

From: "Mohan Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:20:46 -0700

Agreed.

mohan

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 8:59 AM
Subject: RE: [Mobike] issue 19 -- same addresses for both directions?

Best regards,
Pasi