Subject: RE: [Mobike] Issue 36: unacceptable addresses (was: confirming consensus on issues from Paris)

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:23:48 +0300

Jari Arkko wrote:

> Issue 36: Unacceptable addresses. There are cases where the
> initiator does not know which one of the retransmitted
> requests was really the one seen by the responder and resulted
> in the unacceptable address error. Pasi's solution for this is
> to send a new request in this (corner) case.

(Back from vacation, and working on MOBIKE again...)

I started editing the draft to make this change, but then
noticed the functionality is actually already there. Version
-01 says

   o  If a new address change occurs while waiting for the 
      response, starts again from the first step (and ignores 
      responses to this UPDATE_SA_ADDRESSES request).

So in the ambiguous situation (UPDATE_SA_ADDRESSES request has
been sent using several different src/dst addresses, and we
don't know which of them was unacceptable), it already says
we ignore the response and a new request is sent.

(But I'll clarify this in -02; also the response is not really
totally ignored, just not processed by MOBIKE.)

Best regards,
Pasi
_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike