Subject: RE: [Mobike] Issue 38: editorial comments (was: comments on draft-ietf-mobike-protocol-01.txt)

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:36:09 +0300

Thanks for your comments! I've filed them as issues 38 and 39.
Quick answers to your editorial comments first:

> - Section 2.3 (Changing addresses in IPsec SAs), 3rd bullet,
> it says "If there are outstanding IKEv2 requests, continues
> retransmitting them using the addresses in the IKE_SA (the new
> addresses)." It is unclear to me what the "outstanding IKEv2
> requests" are.

It means IKEv2 requests for which the initiator has not yet
received a reply (I'll try to clarify this in version -02).
This could happen if the need to change addresses appears 
while we're doing e.g. rekeying or dead peer detection.

> - Section 2.4 (Updating additional addresses), the first
> sentence says "both the initiator and responder can send a
> list of additional addresses (in addition to the one used for
> IKE_SA_INIT/IKE_AUTH exchange) to the initiator in the
> IKE_AUTH exchange." It seems to me that the sentence is a bit
> paradoxical. IMHO, the phrase "to the initiator" can be
> eliminated.

Yes, you're right.

Best regards,
Pasi
_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike