Subject: [Mobike] Issue 37: Move MOBIKE_SUPPORTED to IKE_AUTH

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:42:20 +0300

(This issue was brought up during the meeting.)

It might be a good idea to move the MOBIKE_SUPPORTED payload from its
current place (IKE_SA_INIT) to IKE_AUTH.

This would allow per-user policy on whether use of MOBIKE is allowed
or not, and it would help in fragmentation concerns (fragmenting
IKE_SA_INIT is bad, fragmenting other messages less so).

There doesn't seem to be any good reasons not do this (we don't seem
to have any functionality that would need to know about MOBIKE already
in IKE_SA_INIT phase).

Several people supported this change in the meeting (and nobody
opposed it), so unless anyone on the mailing list objects, I'll move
the payload to IKE_AUTH in version -02 (in case of multiple IKE_AUTH
exchanges, the messages containing the SA payloads, like most other
things).

Best regards,
Pasi
_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike