Subject: [Mobike] Design draft, terminology

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:24:43 +0200

- Overall: My impression is that most of this section is baggage we
  accumulated from other documents, but don't actually need
  anymore. Some of the terms are never used outside the terminology
  section, and some others are used only once or twice.

- "Available address": Neither IKEv2, 2401bis nor
  draft-ietf-mobike-protocol prohibits using IPsec for 
  link-local addresses (although it's probably not very useful 
  in most cases), so this definition is not totally accurate.

- "Available address": RFC2462 defines "tentative address"
  as "an address whose uniqueness on a link is being verified, 
  prior to its assignment to an interface." Thus, it seems
  mentioning tentative addresses in this context is redundant.

- "Locally operational address" is not used anywhere 
  else except the terminology section.

- "Full Cone", "Restricted Cone", and "Port Restricted Cone" are 
  not used anywhere in the document.

- "Preferred Address": This term is quite unclear (as I've pointed
  out earlier). Does this mean the "current address" ("what was 
  in the newest UPDATE_SA_ADDRESSES message" -- but then calling
  it "preferred" is misleading), or something different?  

Best regards,
Pasi
_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike