Subject: Re: [Mobike] Preliminary minutes from the WG last week

From: "Yaron Sheffer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 12:38:58 +0200

Regarding the combination of MOBIKE and Mobile IP, there are 3 current
drafts in MIP4 that deal with this:

- draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-solution-02 (this one is pre-MOBIKE)
- draft-ietf-mip4-mobike-connectivity-00
- draft-meghana-mip4-mobike-optimizations-00

So it's a stretch to say "don't do" MOBIKE and Mobile IP together.

	Yaron

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Hoffman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:49
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mobike] Preliminary minutes from the WG last week

Please let me know if you have any changes.

MOBIKE WG minutes
IETF 65

[deleted]

James Kempf - discussion in Mobile IP group - what happens if you try to
use Mobile IP and MOBIKE together? Some people believe the answer is
"don't do that". May need an informational draft (as a new work item) to
address that.

[deleted]

_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:41:00 -0700

Yaron,

Thanx for sending out pointers to these.

In the MIP6 group, there was some discussion about this, and the message 
that came up was, in fact, "don't do it". I'll post references to these 
drafts to the MIP6 list.

            jak

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 17:44:38 -0800

This discussion is interesting, but unrelated to the minutes. If 
someone would like to write up an informational document on it, I am 
sure it would be well-received by implementers in the future who are 
considering including both protocols in one device.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium