Subject: [Modern] MODERN notes

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:12:49 -0500

All,

Please find the notes for the MODERN working group meeting during IETF 
95 in Buenos Aires below.  Thanks to Chris Seal for agreeing to take notes.

Please let me know if any updates to the minutes are required.

Regards,

Steve

-----

Jon Peterson - draft-peterson-modern-problems-04

MODERN hasn't been an easy topic - lots of differing opinion. Slow
progress - JP keen to see speedier progress.

JP.  Wants agreement from room that this edition is a good start - else
why bother.

Enterprise Role is optional - not necessarily there - User could have
direct relationship with CSP (Registrar).

Questions:

* Chair:  How many have read draft?  Answer:  Only a small number of hands
up.
* Peter K online.  Does a single CSP provide all services? JP: Not
necessarily
* Comment from Henning S online - looks like good as starting point.
* Chris Seal.   What/where is the actual problem statement (as not
presented).  It is in Section 1 of draft-peterson-modern-
problems-04.

Chair:  Call to accept draft-peterson-modern-problems-04.  General Hum in
Room + 1 online.  No Hums against.  Will confirm consensus on the WG list.

Alissa - if document isn't advanced to a WG document, then there will be
discussions on the future of the working group.

-------

Tom McGarry
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/95/slides/slides-95-modern-0.pdf
US wants nationwide non-geographical number portability solution.

Presentation is informational - not intended to be progressed.

Steve - Might be worth keeping the document going as a good use case
to guide and exercise other MODERN work.

Alissa -  Some discussion in IESG about not publishing similar drafts, i.e. whether
it's worth pushing through with RFC number as an informational draft

-----
Chris Wendt - on DRiP
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/95/slides/slides-95-modern-1.pdf

JP. There will be a future requirement for reconciliation.

Chair: Should DRiP be separate or include in MODERN?
Feedback from several that it could be included.

Alissa - would just about fit in to Charter (with a squint) at a suitable
milestone.