Subject: [Mops] Quick update from first MOPS WG meeting

From: "Leslie Daigle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 23:11:01 -0500

Hi,

MOPS had its first official WG meeting today.  Thanks to all who 
contributed to the lively discussion in the room and in the remote 
participation.

One key action:  the hum in the room and in jabber supported formally 
adopting Jake Holland’s document as a WG item.  Jake would welcome a 
co-author — please let him, or me, know if you are interested.

Thanks to Roni Even for taking notes; we’ll be polishing up minutes 
and circulating those in the coming days.

In the meantime, you can see the rough notes here (please don’t edit 
or change language in that page):

https://etherpad.ietf.org/p/notes-ietf-106-mops?useMonospaceFont=true

And, the brief summary that I posted in the OPS area wiki was:

First meeting as a WG. Discussion of draft-jholland-mops-taxonomy (edge 
network operational considerations for streaming media), and formal 
adoption as a WG work item. Jake Holland would welcome a co-author to 
help move it forward.

Updates from elsewhere -- Streaming Video Alliance's use of CDNI 
protocol work; Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers 
(SMPTE) recent meeting highlights -- clear dependencies on reliable and 
granular time reporting in operations.

Issues for streaming operations -- overview of QUIC implications for 
networks streaming video. There are extensions proposed in the QUIC WG, 
and operators interested in media delivery should go there to weigh in.

Thanks,
Leslie.

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie Daigle
Principal, ThinkingCat Enterprises
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------