Subject: [Mops] Fwd: [BOFChairs] Github activity summaries as-a-service

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 14:53:30 -0600

Kyle,

I agree with your point about spammy e-mail from Github versus making sure
the working group mailing list participants are aware of what's happening
in Github.

Mark Nottingham sent this note to the working group chairs mailing list not
very long ago - I hope it's helpful.

Best,

Spencer

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 5:25 PM
Subject: [BOFChairs] Github activity summaries as-a-service
To: IETF WG Chairs <[email-masked]>

One of the things that people have found helpful inWGs that adopt Git is to
have a summary of activity there sent to the WG mailing list periodically;
for example, this week's summary for the HTTP WG is forwarded below.

I've set up a GitHub repo that sends these, and other WGs can now get
summaries sent too. See:
  https://github.com/ietf-github-services/activity-summary

All you need to do to get your repo(s) monitored is submit a Pull Request
to update mls.json in that repo, as described in the README. A CI process
will check it against the schema to make sure it's correct, and when
merged, GitHub Actions will run the summary weekly.

Feedback/suggestions/contributions welcome.

Cheers,

P.S. Note that when sent to IETF mailing lists, a bug <
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/tools-discuss/zIm5nasfq1zbyY_wkwwrbFR7P5U>
rewrites the CSS to make the presentation slightly uglier; hopefully this
will be fixed soon, but the mails are still usable.

Begin forwarded message:

*From: *Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
*Subject: **Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)*
*Date: *12 January 2020 at 6:32:26 pm AEDT
*To: [email-masked]
*Resent-From: [email-masked]
*Archived-At: *<
https://www.w3.org/mid/[email-masked]...internal
<https://www.w3.org/mid/[email-masked]>>

Sunday January 12, 2020

Events without label "editorial"
Issueshttpwg/http-core (+3/-1/💬9)

3 issues created:

   - #274 need to reserved field name and method name "*"
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/274> (by reschke)
   - #273 message field registry migration needs to consider status
   "reserved" <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/273> (by reschke)
   semantics
   - #272 fix grammar for "Vary" header field
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/272> (by reschke) semantics

7 issues received 9 new comments:

   - #274 need to reserve field name and method name "*"
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/274> (1 by reschke)
   - #272 fix grammar for "Vary" header field
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/272> (3 by annevk, reschke)
   semantics
   - #136 WWW-Authenticate parsing
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/136> (1 by reschke) semantics
   - #30 Field-name syntax <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/30> (1
   by reschke) needs-data semantics
   - #20 RFC 5789: Content-Location header usage
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/20> (1 by reschke) semantics
   - #11 Ranges and Content and Transfer Encoding
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/11> (1 by reschke) semantics
   - #7 new header field considerations: list vs keyword
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/7> (1 by reschke) semantics

1 issues closed:

   - #20 RFC 5789: Content-Location header usage
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/20> semantics

httpwg/http-extensions (+6/-4/💬33)

6 issues created:

   - #1027 Key syntax
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1027> (by mnot)
   header-structure
   - #1026 Merging priorities
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1026> (by
   martinthomson) priorities
   - #1023 Semantics for priorities
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1023> (by
   martinthomson) priorities
   - #1022 Coalescing intermediaries and fairness
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1022> (by
   martinthomson) priorities
   - #1021 Reprioritization frames
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1021> (by
   martinthomson) priorities
   - #1020 Deprecate sha-1
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1020> (by ioggstream)

9 issues received 33 new comments:

   - #1026 Merging priorities
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1026> (8 by LPardue,
   tombergan, yoavweiss) priorities
   - #1023 Semantics for priorities
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1023> (2 by
   martinthomson, tombergan) priorities
   - #1021 Reprioritization frames
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1021> (11 by LPardue,
   MikeBishop, RyanAtGoogle, martinthomson, tombergan) priorities
   - #1015 Structured Headers and GREASE
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1015> (5 by annevk,
   mikewest, mnot) header-structure
   - #997 Duplicate Structured Headers fields
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/997> (1 by mnot)
   header-structure
   - #871 Enable Client Hints on first navigation request through HTTPSSVC
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/871> (1 by yoavweiss)
   - #718 EAT Cookies <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/718>
    (1 by mikewest) 6265bis
   - #238 Cookies set with or without leading dot in domain attribute
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/238> (1 by mikewest)
   6265bis
   - #159 Allow cookies without key or value
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/159> (3 by chlily1,
   johnwilander, mikewest) 6265bis

4 issues closed:

   - #159 Allow cookies without key or value
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/159> 6265bis
   - #238 Cookies set with or without leading dot in domain attribute
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/238> 6265bis
   - #982 Round-tripping float is still hard
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/982> header-structure
   - #871 Enable Client Hints on first navigation request through HTTPSSVC
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/871>

Pull requestshttpwg/http-core (+1/-1/💬0)

1 pull requests submitted:

   - #271 ALPN protocol id IANA reg update for HTTP/1.1 (#49)
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/271> (by reschke)

1 pull requests merged:

   - #271 ALPN protocol id IANA reg update for HTTP/1.1 (#49)
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/271>

httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-4/💬7)

1 pull requests submitted:

   - #1019 Overwrite duplicate dictionary values
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1019> (by mnot)

6 pull requests received 7 new comments:

   - #1019 Overwrite duplicate dictionary values
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1019> (1 by mnot)
   - #1018 [RFC6265bis] Accept nameless cookies.
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1018> (2 by mikewest)
   - #1017 [RFC6265bis, EDITORIAL]: Use `.example` TLD for examples.
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1017> (1 by mikewest)
   - #1013 Clarified the ways cookies may be ignored.
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1013> (1 by mikewest)
   6265bis
   - #1004 Fix: #973. Error response is unrelated to the effective request
   URI <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1004> (1 by
   ioggstream) digest-headers
   - #776 Add Sec- prefix to security considerations
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/776> (1 by yoavweiss)
   client-hints

4 pull requests merged:

   - #1018 [RFC6265bis] Accept nameless cookies.
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1018>
   - #1017 [RFC6265bis, EDITORIAL]: Use `.example` TLD for examples.
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1017>
   - #1008 Float -> Decimal
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1008>
   - #1011 make #parse-number algorithm fail on bad decimals
   <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1011>

Repositories tracked by this digest:

   - https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
   - https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

_______________________________________________
BOFChairs mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bofchairs