Subject: [MSDP] spec update

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 11:37:45 -0700

Folks,

	I just posted draft-ietf-msdp-spec-18.txt to the ID
	directory. The change I want to call to your attention is
	in section 19, IANA considerations. I have included that
	text here for your consideration and comment.

	Thanks,

	Dave

19.  IANA Considerations

   This document creates a new namespace called "MSDP TLV Values" that
   the IANA should manage. The intial seven MSDP TLV values are
   specified in Section 12.2. The following two sections describe the
   rules for allocating new MSDP TLV values.

19.1.  IANA Allocated TLV Range

   MSDP TLV values in the range [8,200] (inclusive) are to be allocated
   using an IESG Approval or Standards Action process [RFC2434].

19.2.  Experimental TLV Range

   TLV values in the range [201,255] (inclusive) are allocated for
   experimental use.