Subject: [MSEC] a question about keys

From: Margherita Rizzo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:50:48 +0200

Hi,
I have a question about security multicast communications in the case of 
one sender and many receivers.
I am searching for a solution of this kind: let's suppose a simple case 
of a sender and a small number of receivers, for example 3; the sender 
uses a key K for encrypting data that delivers to the three receivers. 
Is it possible for them to use three different keys, for example K1, K2, 
K3 for decripting what they receive?
Or, in other words, is it possible to assign three diffeent keys for 
decripting and then, using some function, to create a unique key for 
encripting data in such a manner that it could decrypted by three receivers?
Thank you

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Mark Baugher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:11:42 -0700

hi Margherita,
   You should do a search using Google and feed in the phrase "traitor 
tracing" or other phrases that have the word "traitor" in the context 
of group security.  See, for example,
http://crypto.stanford.edu/~dabo/abstracts/traitors.html

Best regards, Mark
On Sep 10, 2004, at 7:50 AM, Margherita Rizzo wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a question about security multicast communications in the case 
> of one sender and many receivers.
> I am searching for a solution of this kind: let's suppose a simple 
> case of a sender and a small number of receivers, for example 3; the 
> sender uses a key K for encrypting data that delivers to the three 
> receivers. Is it possible for them to use three different keys, for 
> example K1, K2, K3 for decripting what they receive?