Subject: [MSEC] Roadmap

From: Carlos Moreno <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:28:59 +0300

Hello:

I have read a lot of RFC, drafts and documents about MSEC, but now I
have a little mess in my head ...

Do you know if exist any "roadmap" or explanation that indicates
prerequisites and knowledge before every document?

For instance, when I read RFC3740 (MSEC-Architecture) after I can know
which is the place of GDOI, TESLA, etc.

Yes, I know that the references are for this reason, but sometimes I
read documents and always I need to know explanations of another
documents backwards.

Thanks.

c.

-- 
Carlos Moreno Losada
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
correo-e: [email-masked]
jabber user: [email-masked]
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Linux user: #263092
http://counter.li.org
_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Mark Baugher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 06:46:16 -0700

Carlos,
   The MSEC roadmap is defined by its current charter.  The MSEC 
security architecture (RFC3740) and MSEC group key management 
architecture (RFC 4046) are merely deliverables from earlier versions 
of the charter.  But these documents pretty much span most of the work 
that is being done in MSEC these days.

Mark

---

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:51:09 -0400

Hi Carlos,

In addition to Mark's notes, here is an older version of RFC 4046 with a 
"roadmap" picture (near the end of the document) that if I recall 
correctly, Mark drew several years ago :-).

http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-ietf-msec-gkmarch-02.txt

regards,
Lakshminath

---

From: Carlos Moreno <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 23:05:16 +0300

Hello:

Thank you very much. I read the RFC 4046 of April 2005 and this
roadmap is not there. :(

Thanks.

c.