Subject: [MSEC] New IPsec signatures draft

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:10:27 -0700

Draft 06 of the IPsec signatures draft is available:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-signatures-06.txt

There are two substantive changes since draft 05:

1. Added language clarifying IPsec and PKCS#1 terms, which addressed Ian 
Jackson's comments. These proposed changes were posted to the list, and 
no dissent was registered.

2. Removed a claim that PSS "does not offer extra protection", which was 
based on unpublished research which can't yet be referenced.

If there are no further comments, I will ask the Security ADs to take 
this draft under consideration.

Thanks,
Brian

-- 
Brian Weis
Advanced Security Development, Security Technology Group, Cisco Systems
Telephone: +1 408 526 4796
Email: [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:33:06 -0400

Thanks Brian.

We will wait until Monday 5:00 PM AOE for anyone to take the time to 
review the diffs and comment on.  The ADs asked for WG consensus since 
the changes (in 05 and now in 06) are substantial from the -04- version.

thanks and regards,
Lakshminath

Brian Weis wrote:

> 1. Added language clarifying IPsec and PKCS#1 terms, which addressed 
> Ian Jackson's comments. These proposed changes were posted to the 
> list, and no dissent was registered.
>
> 2. Removed a claim that PSS "does not offer extra protection", which 
> was based on unpublished research which can't yet be referenced.
>