Subject: [MSEC] Host access control to the multicast trees and Mobile IP impact

From: Mounir Kellil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:35:58 +0200

Dear all,

We have recently published a paper in IEEE CST, Second Quarter Issue, 
2005, which addresses the access control problem to the delivery tree 
(multicast receiver and sender access control).  In our study we also 
investigated the implications of Mobile IP on the existing approaches. 
Both msec and mip(4/6) WGs are concerned with this contribution.

 For the msec community, the present study addresses a problem that is 
part of the multicast infrastructure security area.  

 For further details, please visit the following link to IEEE CST Second 
Quarter Issue 2005.

http://www.comsoc.org/livepubs/surveys/public/2005/apr/index.html

Regards

Mounir

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:06:29 -0400

Hi Mounir,

Many thanks for sharing your work with the WG.  I must note that 
infrastructure protection is not currently within our charter.  
Furthermore, the receiver access control aspect has been discussed 
several times in MSEC, GSEC, SMuG and in various others groups in the IETF.

I was wondering if you could produce an I-D (it appears that the paper 
is available to subscribers only) and/or present your work, especially 
with a comparison to previous proposals at the IETF.  If it is an I-D, 
please submit to the I-D admin and post to the list, and if you would 
like to present your work at the Paris meeting, please let us know, and 
we'll be happy to add your presentation to the agenda.

thanks and regards,
Lakshminath

Mounir Kellil wrote:

> For further details, please visit the following link to IEEE CST 
> Second Quarter Issue 2005.
>
>

---

From: Mounir Kellil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:17:21 +0200

Hi Lakshminath,

Thanks a lot for you reply,

First of all, please note that the access to the IEEE CST papers is 
available to everybody (IEEE members and non-members), and is free of 
charges. Non-members need just to create a Visitor Web Account (upon the 
selection of the paper title).

Regarding my paper, it explains the scope of the multicast access 
control problem, and reviews the existing solutions (pros and cons of 
each solution, and a comparative study). I did not define any new approach.

AFAIK, there have been three main proposals at GSEC (SMRAC, HASM, and, 
IGMP message Authentication). Actually, my study focused rather on works 
that appeared in published papers (e.g. KHIP, Gothic, etc.). However, 
some of those works are quite similar to GSEC’s drafts.

Best regards

Mounir

Lakshminath Dondeti wrote:

> like to present your work at the Paris meeting, please let us know, 
> and we'll be happy to add your presentation to the agenda.
>
> thanks and regards,
> Lakshminath
>
> Mounir Kellil wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> investigated the implications of Mobile IP on the existing 
>> approaches. Both msec and mip(4/6) WGs are concerned with this 
>> contribution.
>>
>> part of the multicast infrastructure security area. For further 
>> details, please visit the following link to IEEE CST Second Quarter 
>> Issue 2005.
>>
>>