Subject: Re: [MSEC] Synchronization of SRTP roll-over counter

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 00:10:26 -0800

Hi Karl,

I think it makes sense to use this technique for SRTP ROC 
synchronization, especially in wireless networks.  What are the next 
steps for this draft in your view?

regards,
Lakshminath

At 04:35 AM 12/5/2005, Karl Norrman (KI/EAB) wrote:
>Hello!
>
>3GPP has a service for multicast and broadcast distribution of data
>called MBMS (Multimedia Broadcast/Multicast Service)
>[http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/33_series/33.246/33246-640.zip].
>
>This service uses SRTP for protection of media streams.
>To achieve robust synchronization of late joiners to a session,
>3GPP has agreed on a mechanism that transports the SRTP roll-over
>counter (ROC) in SRTP packets using the integrity transform hooks.
>
>To avoid collisions with IANA registered values in the future,
>we would like to describe the transform in an IETF RFC and register
>the required values with IANA.  The mechanism and the associated
>IANA registrations are defined in draft-lehtovirta-srtp-rcc-00.txt
>[http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lehtovirta-srtp-rcc-00.txt].
>Comments on the draft are very welcome.
>
>Since MBMS is close to finalization, we would like to send the draft
>to IESG for approval before the end of 2005.
>
>Regards,
>Karl
>_______________________________________________
>msec mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec