Subject: [MSEC] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-weis-gdoi-update-00.txt]

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:01:02 -0800

At IETF 64, Russ Housley directed all Security Area WGs to analyze their 
protocols with respect to adding SHA-256 as a replacement for SHA-1, and 
more generally to ensure that the protocols supported algorithm agility 
such that new algorithms can be added.

The attached announcement describes our analysis of the GDOI protocol. 
Since changes are required to add SHA-256, we also took the opportunity 
to add some clarification text, as well as propose a few new algorithm 
attributes.

We would like to propose this to be an MSEC WG draft. We'd appreciate 
any comments the WG would have on both the draft itself, as well as its 
applicability as a WG draft.

Thanks,
Brian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-weis-gdoi-update-00.txt
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:53:37 GMT
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Updates to the Group Domain of Interpretation (GDOI)
	Author(s)	: B. Weis, S. Rowles
	Filename	: draft-weis-gdoi-update-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-2-21

    This memo describes additional updates to the Group Domain of
    Interpretation (GDOI) [RFC3547] .  It provides clarification where
    the original text is unclear.  It also includes a discussion of
    algorithm agility within GDOI, and proposes several new algorithm
    attribute values.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weis-gdoi-update-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-weis-gdoi-update-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-weis-gdoi-update-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weis-gdoi-update-00.txt>

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec