Subject: [MSEC] draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-00.txt

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:28:13 -0600

All,

We have just submitted a new Internet-Draft 
draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-00.txt.  Until it becomes available in the 
archives, you can get a copy at:

 http://www.philzimmermann.com/zfone/draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-00.txt
 http://www.philzimmermann.com/zfone/draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-00.html

We will request a slot in AVT in Dallas to discuss.  Discussion about 
the RTP extensions and mechanism are best held on the AVT list while 
discussions about key management for SRTP are best held on the MMUSIC 
list, with some cross posting as needed.

Apologies for the multiple postings.

Thanks,
Alan

- - -

ZRTP: Extensions to RTP for Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement for SRTP
                 draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-00

Abstract

This document defines ZRTP, RTP (Real-time Transport Protocol) header
extensions for a Diffie-Hellman exchange to agree on a session key
and parameters for establishing Secure RTP (SRTP) sessions.  The ZRTP
protocol is completely self-contained in RTP and does not require
support in the signaling protocol or assume a Public Key
Infrastructure (PKI) infrastructure.  For the media session, ZRTP
provides confidentiality and, in cases where a secret is available
from the signaling protocol, authentication.
_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec