Subject: [MSEC] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-fries-msec-mikey-applicability-00.txt

From: "Fries, Steffen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 08:13:01 +0100

Hi all,

the draft just appeared on the reflector. 

During the last IETF meeting we discussed about a document providing an
overview about MIKEY and the extentions. This is targeted by this ID. 

Regards
	Steffen

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fries-msec-mikey-applicability-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: On the applicability of various MIKEY modes
and extensions
	Author(s)	: S. Fries, D. Ignjatic
	Filename	: draft-fries-msec-mikey-applicability-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2006-2-28
	
Multimedia Internet Keying - MIKEY - is a key management scheme that can
be used for real-time applications.  In particular, it has been defined
focusing on the support of the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol.
MIKEY itself defines four key distribution schemes.
Moreover, it is defined to allow extensions of the protocol.  As MIKEY
becomes more and more accepted, extensions to the base protocol arose,
especially in terms of additional key distribution schemes, but also in
terms of payload enhancements.

   This document provides an overview about MIKEY in general as well as
   the existing extensions in MIKEY, which have been defined or are in
   the process of definition.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fries-msec-mikey-applicability
-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fries-msec-mikey-applicability-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-fries-msec-mikey-applicability-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec