Subject: [MSEC] MIKEYv2 slides

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 02:13:31 -0700

Hi folks,

The RTPsec agenda is focused on the requirements and discussion on 
architectural issues in SRTP keying, and rightly so.  Unfortunately, 
that leaves no time for discussion on new protocols.  Among them is 
MIKEYv2, which I started working on, making some guesses on the 
requirements, expected to come out of the RTPsec work.  One of the 
motivations is to see how MIKEY might look like if we started 
addressing the barriers for deployment of that protocol, while 
reusing the messages and payloads as much as possible.  Another 
suggestion in redesigning MIKEY was to re-use SIGMA and ideas from 
the derivative IKEv2 and GKDP protocols, to support unicast as well 
as group key management.

The work belongs in MSEC as much as it does in RTPsec.  There will be 
a brief presentation and discussion at the MSEC meeting (Tuesday 
1850-1950, Room 513B) on this.  Below is a link to the first draft of 
the slides I am going to use.  Please send reviews and questions so I 
might revise them to make them more informative.

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06jul/slides/msec-4.ppt

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Lakshminath

_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 02:13:31 -0700

Hi folks,

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Lakshminath