Subject: [MSEC] RFC3830 question

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:50:14 +0200

Hi everyone,

I have a clarification question to RFC3830, section 6.1, field 
length of CS ID map info:

Question 1 is on explanation of CS ID map info in 6.1, it is 
*16 bits* length.
"   *  CS ID map info (16 bits): identifies the crypto session(s) for
      which the SA should be created.  The currently defined map type is
      the SRTP-ID (defined in Section 6.1.1)."

And in 6.1.1 the mapping of SRTP SPs it is N*9 bytes (1 byte Policy_no,
4 bytes SSRC, 4 bytes ROC). How to map the N*9 to 2 bytes? 

Question 2 is variance of CS ID map info. With '~' I understand 
it is variable length. For example if no mapping to SRTP is 
used this field is not present, which makes the common header 
payload 10 bytes long. Is this common understanding?

Thanks for clarification! 

RSVP,
Regards
Tao

_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:50:14 +0200

Hi everyone,

RSVP,
Regards
Tao