Subject: [MSEC] RSVP keying ... any updates?

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:46:35 -0800

Hi all,

I have asked for a slot for MSEC in Philly.  One of the topics I want us 
to figure out the next steps on is the RSVP keying.  But, I would like 
to have that discussion happen before we get to Philly.  Let us use the 
face-to-face time to resolve any snags and not for tutorials (I would 
need one, but I can do that offline with the authors :) ).

I have been told that there was a discussion on the TSV list.  I am 
going to try and read up on that soon.

While we are on topic, any other items?

thanks,
Lakshminath
_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:19:01 -0800

Hi Lakshminath,

> going to try and read up on that soon.

The conclusion of the TSV discussion is here:
	<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tsvwg/current/msg08172.html>
The short of it is that draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security- 
groupkeying is authorized to become a TSVWG WG draft (targeted as an  
Informational RFC). I believe this is the action you were gating any  
MSEC WG work on keying for RSVP. Would you agree to go forward with  
the GDOI work described in draft-weis-gdoi-for-rsvp?

If so, the suggestion was made in Vancouver to transmogrify weis-gdoi- 
for-rsvp into a more general document for distributing integrity keys  
used for routing and signaling protocols such as RSVP. I think this  
would be reasonably straightforward, and would like to consider such  
a document as an MSEC WG document. If the WG agrees, I would be happy  
to present it at the Philadelphia MSEC meeting.

Thanks,
Brian

-- 
Brian Weis
Advanced Security Development, Security Technology Group, Cisco Systems
Telephone: +1 408 526 4796
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:19:01 -0800

Hi Lakshminath,

Thanks,
Brian