Subject: [Mud] Basic questions about the "Controller" abstraction.

From: "M. Ranganathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 20:06:21 -0400

Hello all,

In another thread we've been discussing declaring devices that are
"controllers" of other devices via extensions to MUD whereby we specify the
MUD URIs of controllers for a given device. We've gone rather deep into the
possible mechanisms to achieve this but I still have some basic questions
which I hope Eliot can help me with.

 Indeed, MUD already provides the model abstraction. So one could define an
ACE using that abstraction. Why bother with the "controller" abstraction
which one later binds to a MUD URI rather than just directly use the
"model" abstraction in the ACE in case one would like to control a device
with another device.

What is the essential difference?

I hope my question is clear.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Regards,

Ranga

-- 
M. Ranganathan