Subject: [Mud] content-type for MUD files

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 14:05:19 -0400

RFC8520 does not as far as I saw, define a Content-Type for MUD files.
I think that this is an additional to-do.

I was thinking about the case of trying to enter a MUD URL into a UI (on
mobile).  Imagine people in an email list or some "phpBB" discussing
the relative merits of various configurations, and someone wants to say, "try
mine" and posts a URL.

It would be nice if the MUD file came with a content type that a mobile app
could register as belonging to it, such that it would take the URL/contents
and do something useful with it.

[At first, I was thinking that I'd want to have a URI type which would
pass the URL to the APP, but then I realized that was overkill, that as long
as the contents go there, great]

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 22:38:57 +0200

> On 12 Jun 2019, at 20:05, Michael Richardson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Signed PGP part
> 

It’s in there.  See Section 17.5.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:12:30 -0400

> It’s in there.  See Section 17.5.

Good!

I was searching for "Content-Type", which was clearly a mistake, as I
should have been thinking Media Type. Duh on me. Media Types go in the
Content-Type header.

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        |    IoT architect   [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

---

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:14:37 -0400

On 12 Jun 2019, at 18:12, Michael Richardson wrote:

> should have been thinking Media Type. Duh on me.

well, I do that mistake quite often too…

Marc.

> Media Types go in the
> Mud mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mud