Subject: AM / FM Internet Multi-homing

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 11:41:31 -0600

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to
  miss and therefore delete mis-posts.  so fix subscription addresses! ]

Multi-homing with the AM / FM Internet(s) simply means that people can tag
each packet as 0 (AM) or 1 (FM...Premium). A typical home user with a cable
TV and DSL going at the same time may have to pay extra for the premium
service (FM) on one or both of the connections. The FM marked packets are
expected to flow around the edge of the aging legacy (AM) core network. The
premium (FM) service can have better floating root server support with 4
"hint zones" as opposed to 2. TLDs that begin with the letters A-M can be
found by asking the .AM servers. Those that begin with the letters N-Z can
be found by asking the .NZ servers. No legacy, government controlled root
servers are required. Source code for BSD and Linux will be free.

0 - AM...NZ (Best Effort - Basic)
1 - AE...FM...NR...SZ (Premium)

128-bit DNS AAAA Record Flag Day Formats
2002:[IPv4]:[SDLL.OFFF.FFFF.TTTT]:[64-bit IPv8 or IPv16 Persistent Address]
[YMDD]:[IPv4]:[SDLL.OFFF.FFFF.TTTT]:[64-bit IPv8 or IPv16 Persistent Address]
1-bit to set the Reserved/Spare ("AM/FM") bit in Fragment Offset [S]
1-bit to set the Don't Fragment (DF) bit [D]
2-bits to select 1 of 4 common TTL values (255, 128, 32, 8) [LL]
1-bit for Options Control [O]
7-bits to set the Identification Field(dst) [FFFFFFF]
4-bits to set the TOS(dst) Field [TTTT]
Default SDLL.OFFF.FFFF.TTTT = 0000.0000.0000.0000
FFF.FFFF.TTTT = GGG.SSSS.SSSS
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
IPv8
0QQQQGGGSSSSSSSS[32-bits][Port]
IPv16
0QQQQGGGSSSSSSSS[32-bits][Port]
1WWWWWWWSSSSSSSS[32-bits][Port]

Jim Fleming
128-bit DNS is closer than you think...
COM...DE...NET...INFO...BIZ...US...ONLINE
http://ipv8.dyndns.tv
http://ipv8.dyns.cx
http://ipv8.no-ip.com
http://ipv8.no-ip.biz
http://ipv8.no-ip.info
http://ipv8.myip.us
http://ipv8.dyn.ee
http://ipv8.community.net.au