Subject: Multihoming and what we discussed in Atlanta

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:58:51 +0100

I managed to get the flu on the flight back from Atlanta so I am way  
behind on email. What I did manage to write on the plane and compete is  
a draft of what Thomas suggested with announcing longer prefixes.

I will submit the draft later today, but you can find it at  
http://www.kurtis.pp.se/ietf/draft-kurtis-multihoming-longprefix-00.txt.

Browsing through mail I though I saw something similar from Iljitsch.  
If that is the case let's see if we can merge something.

I will try and catch up on email...

Best regards,

- kurtis -

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 23:44:22 +0100 (CET)

> http://www.kurtis.pp.se/ietf/draft-kurtis-multihoming-longprefix-00.txt.

Ok, picking some nits:

- it's = "it is", its = "owned by it"
- maybe leave the first few sections out until you're ready to find a
  wider audience as this is extremely familiar...
- better explain what you mean by not aggregate in 5.1. Do you mean they
  shouldn't announce a less specific, or that they should announce the
  /48? Or both?

> If that is the case let's see if we can merge something.

I discuss several other methods to achieve the same thing. Let me know
which one you think can be included in this draft. If that's all or
nearly all of them, it makes sense to merge.

Iljitsch