Subject: paper on end to end multihoming

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:55:48 +0859 ()

http://www.lab1.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~arifumi/paper/saint2003html/

	We extend the mobile network architecture protocol "LIN6", to
	support multihoming, and design a new Application Program
	Interface (API) that enables an application to support
	multihoming. The LIN6's addressing architecture makes it
	possible to support what we call end-to-end multihoming without
	any inconsistency. In end-to-end multihoming, a fault-tolerant
	connection can be achieved relying not on routers but on the
	pair of end-nodes only. The new APIs make it easy to write
	an application that supports multihoming and robust connections.
	The extension to the LIN6 protocol and the new APIs give the
	capability of multihoming to the LIN6 protocol.

Comments please.

							Masataka Ohta

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:26:17 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

   	support multihoming...
   
   Comments please.
   
=> I like two-space systems so I have no concern about ideas like LIN6,
but I am afraid that you need a minimal development about security problems
(and not only in a close environment).

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: I am to confess that my favorite two-space system is HIP because this
is the only one designed with security in mind.

---

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 09:41:19 +0859 ()

Francis Dupont;

> (and not only in a close environment).

Of course.

That is an improvement I contributed to the original LIN6.

Use cookies and hash functions.

> is the only one designed with security in mind.

Maybe, it was.

							Masataka Ohta