Subject: BGP style solutions

From: Peter Tattam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:33:45 +1100 (EST)

What are the current BGP/routing style solutions that are on the table to solve
the MH problem?

I ask because I seem to be converging on some kind of solution which may
already be on the table.

Peter

--
Peter R. Tattam                            [email-masked]
Managing Director,    Trumpet Software International Pty Ltd
Hobart, Australia,  Ph. +61-3-6245-0220,  Fax +61-3-62450210

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:05:58 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

   What are the current BGP/routing style solutions that are on the
   table to solve the MH problem?
   
=> mainly RFC 3178 (adaptation of a part of RFC 2260 to IPv6).
Unfortunately it works when you are a large organization, i.e.,
when you can enforce your rules to your ISPs against their business case.

=> there already were a lot of discussions on MH, I don't believe there
was a new idea in hours of informal meetings this week.

Regards

[email-masked]