Subject: live data simulation.

From: Peter Tattam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:00:11 +1100 (EST)

Has anyone been able to get some snapshots of the current DFZ at various key
points on the internet so that a simulation could be done of the various
host/edge based MH solutions. 

It might be an undertaking worthy of a PhD, but it could once & for all settle
a lot of the "what if" questions that get bandied around.

At least it would give us some empirical data about the expected aggregatable
address tree that we could expect to see.

Such numbers will be important to determine the extent of resources required by
host/edge based MH solutions.

Peter

--
Peter R. Tattam                            [email-masked]
Managing Director,    Trumpet Software International Pty Ltd
Hobart, Australia,  Ph. +61-3-6245-0220,  Fax +61-3-62450210

---

From: Shane Kerr <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:37:09 +0100

On 2002-11-22 11:00:11 +1100, Peter Tattam wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get some snapshots of the current DFZ at
> various key points on the internet so that a simulation could be
> done of the various host/edge based MH solutions. 
> 
> It might be an undertaking worthy of a PhD, but it could once & for
> all settle a lot of the "what if" questions that get bandied around.
> 
> At least it would give us some empirical data about the expected
> aggregatable address tree that we could expect to see.
> 
> Such numbers will be important to determine the extent of resources
> required by host/edge based MH solutions.

Maybe this could help:

http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/pub-services/np/ris/index.html

-- 
Shane Kerr
RIPE NCC

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 16:43:16 +0100

> various key

If you mean for IPv4 there are several collectors. Rotue-views, RIPEs 
RIS boxes etc. If you mean IPv6 I only know of the data provided by 
Gert Doering and James Aldridge at least used to plot this.

> host/edge based MH solutions.
This is true, but might be somewhat off-topic for this group?

- kurtis -