Subject: 6NET report on multihoming

From: "Dunmore, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 18:49:37 -0000

Hi,

As part of the 6NET project, we have written a report on IETF multihoming
solutions. It is not exhaustive but may serve as a useful overview.

It is available for download (pdf) from the 6NET website http://www.6net.org/
The direct link to the report is
http://www.6net.org/publications/deliverables/D4.5.1.pdf

Suggestions/comments welcome.

Regards,
Martin Dunmore

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 17:16:44 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

   
   
=> in the two-space solutions (LIN6, MHAP, ...) you should not forget
GSE (because of its extended analysis in draft-ietf-ipngwg-esd-analysis-05.txt)
and HIP (Host Identity Payload Protocol, the only two-space solution
based on cryptography, i.e., designed with security in mind).

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: two-space = with separeted locator and identity.
These solutions provide an immediate mobility and multi-homing support.