Subject: Re: Router solutions

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:17:51 +0100

>> I think it would be a good starting point for the WG item describing
>> how multihoming is done today (but isn't there such a document
>> already?). As for the really short term solution that Thomas described
>> in Atlanta I think we need to nail it down more and stick to one
>> solution.
>
> Maybe. But I think selecting one without even discussing it is

Ofcourse not, this is the IETF :)

> premature. Also, I don't think PA hole shooting is the best option,
> especially since it requires renumbering when changing (primary) ISPs.
>

It's not the best, but it is IMO without question the fastest way to 
get started and would already help solve several of the problems we are 
seeing and it does not require any implementation, and best of all - it 
has a back out option.

Best regards,

- kurtis -