Subject: Re: Router solutions

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:03:42 +0100

>> I think this is text is addressing several questions.
>>
>> I think it would be a good starting point for the WG item describing 
>> how multihoming is done today (but isn't there such a document 
>> already?).
>
> I made a first cut as such a document by ripping relevant text out of 
> the -01 requirements draft, but it was really rough and needs lots of 
> work. There were a few operators and researchers at the time who 
> offered to lend their experience to the draft to make it more useful, 
> but those offers of assistance didn't materalise at the time for one 
> reason or another (the rapid transition from room-to-think to 
> fear-of-being-laid-off at the time had more than a little to do with 
> it).
>
> I would be very happy to lend time to making that document useful, if 
> there is interest in doing so (and in contributing opinions and text 
> to it). I'm not sufficiently naive to think that consensus on such a 
> document would be a trivial thing to achieve, but I suspect it might 
> be easier to obtain than consensus on the requirements draft :)
>

I would suggest to incorporate the text from Iljitsch document if 
needed, and I would be willing to contribute as well.

BTW, what is the name of the document?

- kurtis -

---

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 12:45:26 -0500

On Tuesday, Dec 3, 2002, at 05:03 Canada/Eastern, Kurt Erik Lindqvist  

> BTW, what is the name of the document?

Iljitsch's document is here: http://www.muada.com/routersol.txt

The document I mentioned is here:  
http://www.potaroo.net/ietf/xld-ids/draft-ietf-multi6-v4-multihoming- 
00.txt

I had hoped to find time to work on merging these already, but that  
hasn't happened yet. I should have time before the end of the week, but  
if anybody else feels like having a go before then they should feel  
very welcome.

Joe