Subject: RE: noid and applications (generic requirements from applications)

From: "Tony Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:44:13 -0800

|  The referal can include Ls(A) instead of just the AID(A); 
|  this requires
|  modifying existing IPv6 appication protocols which do referal.

Of course, if we're going to open an implementation, we might want
to make the point of referral the FQDN, not the locator(s).

Tony

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:18:37 +0100

> to make the point of referral the FQDN, not the locator(s).

That is probably an important point as the Ls(A) could have changed, 
right?

- - kurtis -

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:49:47 +0100 (CET)

> to make the point of referral the FQDN, not the locator(s).

Yes. Especially with noid, where the multihomed node needs to have a FQDN,
this makes a lot of sense.

  Erik

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:08:28 -0600

> this makes a lot of sense.

This is ok for an application which of course should use the FQDN, but, 
even when using whatever "thing" the application uses to establish the 
connection (which it gets via the FQDN) that should be usable without 
knowledge of the network topology. I guess one can formulate it as it 
must have features like:

  (A=B) and (B=C) gives (A=C) where '=' is "can communicate with"

and

  (A->B) gives (B->A) where '->' is "can send data to"

    paf