Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nordmark-multi6-cb64-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:24:57 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multihoming using 64-bit Crypto-based IDs
	Author(s)	: E. Nordmark
	Filename	: draft-nordmark-multi6-cb64-00.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2003-11-19
	
This document outlines a potential solution to IPv6 multihoming in
order to stimulate discussion.  This proposal is a middle ground
between the NOID and CB128 proposals.
This proposed solution relies on verification the crypto-based
identifier properties (using public-key crypto during uncommon
operations), while allowing locator rewriting by (border) routers,
with no per-packet overhead.  The solution does have something which
could be viewed as a 'stack name' type of identifier, but this isn't
exposed to upper layer protocols.  Instead it ensures that all upper
layer protocols can operate unmodified in a multihomed setting while
still seeing a stable IPv6 address, even though the address
internally consists of 64-bits worth of subnet locator plus 64-bits
of crypto-based identifier.

This solution (and this draft) is remarkably similar to draft-
nordmark-multi6-noid-00.txt; only issues related to prevention of
redirection attacks differ.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nordmark-multi6-cb64-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nordmark-multi6-cb64-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nordmark-multi6-cb64-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.