Subject: To multi6 chairs: Date for interim meeting?

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:32:02 +0200

Brian and Kurt,

During the multi6 meeting in Seoul, there was some talk
that there may be a multi6 interim meeting before San
Diego.  Since I need to co-ordinate my travelling a
few months ahead due to a large number of potential
conflicts, I would appreciate if you could set a tentative
date and place for this interim meeting, if taking place,
as soon as possible.

--Pekka Nikander

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:54:26 +0100

Pekka,

We are trying to find a couple of dates/places to suggest to the WG.
But it's hard, and we know that there will be no date that suits
everybody. We'll make a proposal ASAP.

   Brian

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:28:09 -0800

While Brian and Kurt try and sort out the "wheres and whens", perhaps we 
should have a discussion of "whats".  What do we need to accomplish 
before the meeting, and what do we need to accomplish at the meeting?

We got a pretty good summary of many approaches in Seoul.  Maybe the 
next step should be authors doing a matrix-like comparison of their 
proposals to the others.  It would help greatly if there was some 
running code, so that people have an idea of implementation complexity.

In the next few weeks I'll put out a new version of things to think 
about.  We need someone (Geoff?) to codify Geoff's excellent presentation.

Other thoughts?

Eliot

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:57:30 +0100

Those are good thoughts. Obviously, we will build up an agenda and goals
for the meeting as we get closer.

   Brian

-- 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian E Carpenter 
Distinguished Engineer, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM