Subject: Re: Ad-hoc streaming

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 15:09:12 +0100

On 2004-02-29, at 16.46, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> In response to my message a while ago, Kurtis has graciously offered 
> to do some ad-hoc streaming for those of us who won't be participating 
> in person.
>
> If you're interested, please have a look at 
> http://www.muada.com/multi6streaming.php and send me a message if you 
> want to participate, so I can make sure there are no bandwidth 
> problems with the streaming server. Expect 300 kbps or less for video, 
> or just 32 kbps audio.
>
> Also note that when the wednesday morning session starts it's still 
> tuesday evening and night in the US and Europe, respectively.  :-)

As for this part, I am all for trying it. However, I do realize that 
there is somewhat more to this. If someone opposes that we will attempt 
to broadcast the session, please let me know.

>
> And if anyone has information on the jabber situation, please send it 
> my way...

It's up an running. We are still trying to find volunteer scribes 
though...

Best regards,

- - kurtis -