Subject: Proposed dates and place for multi6 interim meeting

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:09:24 +0100

Folks,

We have a proposal for the dates and place for the multi6
interim meeting. This takes into account the travel plans
and availability of the co-chairs, the AD, and the two document
authors that we absolutely need at the meeting, Eliot Lear
and Geoff Huston. 

The proposal is to co-locate the meeting with ISOC's INET
conference in Barcelona, Spain, on Monday May 10 and Tuesday
May 11 (exact timing and exact location still TBD).

See http://www.isoc.org/inet04/ for the conference itself.

We couldn't find any other time and place that works.

We'd like a first indication of how many people will be able
to participate, before proceeding with the logistics and
formalities. A response this week would be very helpful.

Please don't cc the list; simply reply to <[email-masked]>

  Brian + Kurtis
  co-chairs

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:32:09 +0100

> formalities. A response this week would be very helpful.

Can you tell us a bit more about the purpose of the meeting, this will 
help in determining whether it's worth the time and expense to go.

Iljitsch

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:28:01 +0100

> help in determining whether it's worth the time and expense to go.

We don't have a draft agenda, but I think the main goal is to make progress 
on the architectural analysis. It is *not* to choose a solution or to
discuss solution proposals, except as far as they help the analysis.

   Brian

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:44:04 +0100

> discuss solution proposals, except as far as they help the analysis.

Well, so far there has been little to no architectural analysis, except 
for Geoff's presentation in Seoul. Now there was nothing wrong with 
that, but you can do only so much analyzing in 20 minutes.

Also, I don't think analysis in itself is or should be a goal, it 
should be a means to making progress. In this regard it would help if 
we pose ourselves some questions we want to have answered, and use the 
architectural analysis to find the answers.

BTW, what kind of timeslot are we talking about?

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:52:28 +0100

> that, but you can do only so much analyzing in 20 minutes.

Exactly why we need to devote more time to it.

> architectural analysis to find the answers.

Send text :-)

> BTW, what kind of timeslot are we talking about?

1.5 days? An overnight break in such a meeting can be very valuable,
so that ideas can be sorted out and firmed up.  

   Brian

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:49:36 -0800

Brian,

BEC> The proposal is to co-locate the meeting with ISOC's INET
BEC> conference in Barcelona, Spain, on Monday May 10 and Tuesday
BEC> May 11 (exact timing and exact location still TBD).

  when will the date become firm?

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>
 Sunnyvale, CA  USA <tel:+1.408.246.8253>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 08:56:18 +0100

A majority of people were OK with the date. We are just waiting for confirmation
that we can get a suitable room... the reply on that is overdue...

   Brian

-- 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian E Carpenter 
Distinguished Engineer, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:05:07 +0100

Unfortunately we can't hold the interim meeting in Barcelona. While
it was OK for a majority of the people who responded, the local
organizers have been unable to find a room and the situation for
hotel rooms that week is terrible (except for those who book
through the INET conference).

So we now have to repeat the poll. We are thinking about holding
the meeting for two days in the period June 7 through 18, either
in Europe or the US. Please send me (not the list) a *short* note
indicating the days between June 7 and June 18 that would be OK
for you, your preference between Europe and the US, or a NO if
that time period is excluded for you. We will consider responses
that arrive by next Wednesday (March 31).

And please consider going to INET anyway: http://www.isoc.org/inet04/

   Brian
   co-chair