Subject: Geoff Huston Arch Spec for Interim meeting

From: "Bound, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 08:28:39 -0400

Brian and Kurt,
 
I think Geoff's draft is very good to use as focus topic of discussion
for the interim meeting.  I can't think of anything to add to it for
purpose of the interim meeting, as I understand Chairs objective of this
interim meeting.
 
I do think Geoff's document is more of a model for a framework for
discussion than an architecture, could be my view of the semantics as
model, reference framework, and architecture to me are all different
components to resolve a technical problem for the Internet of this
magnitude.  I may bring this up later for work to be done by us to
provide clarity.
 
Also within this space using Geoff's arch spec we want to make note to
selves that it is possible with IPv6 on a network that the entire packet
is encrypted except the IPv6 Header.  This has interesting properties to
many aspects of current deployed networks and I believe directly to MH
nodes, and what can be done to support the goals defined at some point
with technology operational and implementation deployed MH IPv6
networks.  Also changing the IPv6 header can break IPsec security
associations.  Thoughts to consdier in our deliberations.
 
Also I will miss the a.m. part of the meeting as I have to be at
previously committed NAv6TF meeting as Chair of the NAv6TF and some
others that must be there for this important NAv6TF meeting.  But, will
catch up and see you all in the p.m.
 
thanks
/jim