Subject: Re: On the use of multiple PA prefixes or a single PI prefix for IPv6 multihoming

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:43:32 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>

    > But the question is: will this help us or hurt us? Basically, BGP
    > doesn't really know what the best path is ... With multi-address
    > multihoming you get many more paths, some of which are better than
    > what BGP would have given you, but a lot are worse. So the trick is
    > to select the best one, or at least avoid the bad ones. How do we
    > do this?

There is an answer, but you won't like it! :-)

	Noel

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:00:24 +0200

On 22-okt-04, at 14:43, Noel Chiappa wrote:

>> So the trick is to select the best one, or at least avoid the bad 
>> ones. How do we do this?

> There is an answer, but you won't like it! :-)

I wasn't aware that I'm so set in my ways that people can predict 
whether I'll like something in advance... So let's hear it, I'm 
interested to know if you're right.  (-: