Subject: RE: Comments on draft-bagnulo-multi6dt-hba-00.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:18:35 -0000

On 15 November 2004 15:55, [email-masked] () wrote:

> Francis Dupont wrote:
> ...
>> PS: BTW CGA IPR holders provide royalty-free licenses only for SEND,
>> can they update their IPR texts on the IETF web for HBAs too?
> 
> We could leave this issue until we have a WG chartered and
> an item intended for the standards track. But it would be nice.

Note that KAME at least have concerns with the SeND IPR such that they
are refusing to implement. If there's a revision to IPR statements
taking place for HBA, perhaps this also creates an opportunity to
address KAME's concerns.

Regards,

Mat

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:36:51 +0900

>>>>> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:18:35 -0000, 
>>>>> <[email-masked]> said:

> taking place for HBA, perhaps this also creates an opportunity to

At the risk of making off-topic response (so I won't send further
responses on this particular topic here), the KAME concerns are
described at:

http://www.kame.net/newsletter/20040525/

(search "(7) SEND IPR" for details)

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]