Subject: mumti6dt drafts as WG drafts?

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:54:08 +0100

In accordance with the consensus to proceed with the direction
proposed by the design team, does anyone object to the next versions
of the following drafts being formally adopted as WG drafts?
This would mean they have names like draft-ietf-multi6-*

Please let us know this week if you object, and why.

     Multihoming Level 3 Shim Approach
     (draft-nordmark-multi6dt-shim-00.txt)
     Hash Based Addresses (HBA)
     (draft-bagnulo-multi6dt-hba-00.txt)
     Functional decomposition of the M6 protocol
     (draft-bagnulo-multi6dt-functional-dec-00.txt)
     Failure Detection and Locator Selection in Multi6
     (draft-arkko-multi6dt-failure-detection-00.txt)
     Multi6 Application Referral Issues
     (draft-nordmark-multi6dt-refer-00.txt)

    Brian
    multi6 co-chair

---

From: "Mohan Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:11:03 -0800

Brian,

So, the solution architecture document will come later on based on the
WG documents i guess. What is the rationale behind having it as
separate documents still ? Having read some of them, i felt that it might be
good to have some of them at least merged to understand the solution
better. For example, the first three below (shim, hba and func) can be
merged. 

-mohan