Subject: RE: Comments on multi6dt documents

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 02:52:07 +0200

quick comment:
> semi-editorial
> --------------
> 
>     SCTP does not define how local knowledge (such as information learned
>     from the link layer) should be used.  SCTP also has no mechanism to
>     deal with dynamic changes to the set of available addresses.
> 
> ==> I think there is this "add-ip" extension to SCTP -- the standardization
> status of which I'm not familiar with -- but they have at least started to
> look at the problem space.

The 'add-ip' extension has been proposed awhile ago, I know that there are
some implementations of it out there. 

I know that some of the people involved have also proposed transport mobility
work as well.

John

---

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:22:00 -0500 (EST)

> From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>

    > The latest draft was -10, which was approved by the IESG in
    > November 2003, but somehow it has got lost since then.

A significant number of the people in the NSRG were very unhappy with the
document, which may explain why it never made it through.

	Noel