Subject: [multimob] New ID: Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement

From: Thomas C Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:15:22 +0200

Hi all,

we completed an updated version of the RG ID of the problem statement
on extending Multicast to Mobility.

It can immediately be downloaded under:

http://www.realmv6.org/papers/draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-01.txt

  and will be presented in Chicago with sufficient time for discussions

   http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07jul/agenda/MobOpts.txt

The document has been significantly extended by

   * A section on layer 2 aspects as discussed in Prague.
     This is still somewhat incomplete and we hope for your input!

   * A brief inclusion of hybrid multicast approaches with a pointer
     to SAM work.

   * Many minor extensions, gap filling and clarifications.

   * An updated and extended bibliography

Details:

        Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement and Brief Survey
               <draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-01.txt>

Abstract

    In this document we discuss mobility extensions to current IP layer
    multicast solutions. Problems arising from mobile group communication
    in general, in the case of multicast listener mobility and for mobile
    Any Source Multicast as well as Source Specific Multicast senders are
    documented. Characteristic aspects of multicast routing and
    deployment issues for fixed IPv6 networks are summarized. The
    principal approaches to the multicast mobility problems are outlined
    subsequently.

Looking forward to your hints & discussions!

See you in Chicago,

thomas

_______________________________________________
multimob mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob