Subject: [multimob] New draft: MIPv6 Extensions for Mobile Multicast: Problem Statement

From: "Tony" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 09:14:13 +0800

Hello every

	Recently, I writed and submitted a new draft of MIPv6 extensions for mobile multicast.
	Welcom everyone to comment.
	
	Details:
	                                                                                              
        Title           : MIPv6 Extensions for Mobile Multicast: Problem Statement
        Author(s)       : Hongke Zhang, et al.
        Filename        : draft-zhang-multimob-memcast-ps-00.txt
        Pages           : 17
        Date            : 2007-07-01
 		Abstract 

    Mobile multicast is a research hotspot and gets more and more study 
    recently. But the current mobility management specifications can not 
    provide effective multicast packets transmission, and existing mobile 
    multicast schemes are not generally accepted. In this memo, we 
    discuss the problems arising from mobile multicast and address the 
    solutions of MIPv6 extensions to support mobile multicast services.  

　　　　　　　　Tony
　　　　　　　　[email-masked]
　　　　　　　　　　2007-07-04
_______________________________________________
multimob mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob

---

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:33:54 +0100 (GMT-Sommerzeit)

Hi Tony,

  I'm a bit confused: You know the MobOpts Multicast problem statement. 
Why are you writing a second one?

  If you have some supplements or issues missed in the draft, we can add 
it. Please contribute it to the MobOpts mailing list, too.

Cheers
  matthias

--
Matthias Waehlisch
:. HAW Hamburg, Dept. Informatik         :. link-lab
:. Berliner Tor 7, 20099 Hamburg         :. Hoenower Str. 35, 10318 Berlin
:. Germany, mailto:[email-masked]    :. mailto:[email-masked]
:. http://home.fhtw-berlin.de/~mw        :. http://www.link-lab.net

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, Tony wrote:

> ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Tony
> ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡[email-masked]
> ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡2007-07-04
>

---

From: "Jong-Hyouk Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:23:41 +0900

Dear colleague.

Well, actually, some issues related mobile multicast have already been
discussed in MobOpts. Also, as you mentioned the document (
draft-schmidt-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-02.txt in MobOpts) well introduces the
problems and possible approaches for mobile multicast. However, MobOpts is
not a WG for solving mobile multicast problems. We need a place for full
discussions for mobile multicast problems.

Only issues related mobile multicast would be disscussed here. Thus,
submitting documents for mobile multicast into here is natural. :)

Cheers.

-- 
Internet Management Technology Lab, Sungkyunkwan University.
Jong-Hyouk Lee.

#email: jonghyouk (at) gmail (dot) com
#webpage: http://www.hurryon.org
_______________________________________________
multimob mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob

---

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:52:57 +0100 (GMT-Sommerzeit)

Hi Jong-Hyouk Lee,

  I don't know - first of all we need (a flood of) discussions, thereafter 
a selected place.

  Btw: Behcet, is there a BoF announced for Chicago?

Cheers
  matthias

---

From: "Jong-Hyouk Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 18:13:20 +0900

Dear colleague.

The place for mobile multicast would be selected as you mentioned, I agree
with this. Before creating this mailing list (multimob), the documents and
discussions related mobile multicast are intermingled with other WGs as I
know. So,  Behcet and his colleagues have made here to be the place where we
can share and develop the issues with mobile multicast. I believe that it's
time to full discussion about mobile multicast.

Well, I also want to know whether Behcet will organize an BOF meeting in
Chicago or not. Shall we turn a microphone to Behcet? :)

Cheers.

On 7/5/07, Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > > >       Recently, I writed and submitted a new draft of MIPv6
> extensions
> > > for mobile multicast.
> > > >         Title           : MIPv6 Extensions for Mobile Multicast:
> Problem
> > > Statement