Subject: [multimob] Multicast mobility discussions in Vancouver

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 00:15:44 +0200

Hi all,

We have gone through our BOF proposals and decided what
to do about each one.

You will have time to talk about multicast mobility in Vancouver.
However, I did not grant a separate BOF slot for this. I have asked
Rajeev Koodli to arrange a discussion in the MOBOPTS RG, and
to have the RG eventually provide a recommendation on what
work in this space appears stable enough to proceed to
standardization. Rajeev promised to do this (thanks!) and
he indicated that we are talking about ~ 1 hour of meeting
time devoted to this. Please work with Rajeev on the details,
work on drafts, continue discussion on what should
be standardized in this space, etc.

Once the RG delivers this recommendation I feel more
comfortable about chartering BOFs/WGs on this topic.

Also, I would like to receive more information on the
potential deployment interest for this technology.
For instance, are any of the IPTV or mobile TV related
efforts employing multicast over IP layer mobility, and
what do the relevant providers/vendors/consortiums
need? What are their priorities among the different
possible work items?

Jari

_______________________________________________
multimob mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob