Subject: Re: [multimob] Simulation Results for Multicast deployment in PMIPv6

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:24:54 +0100

Dear all,
sorry for my late reply: I was not sure on whether we decided to proceed
on the aspect of optimising a PMIP Multicast solution as could be seen
as the approach proposed by Tony and colleagues with simulation and
draft-zhang-netlmm-pmipv6-mcast. If so we may try to update the draft
expiring in March before next IETF.
On the other hand the simulations also show that both methods (i.e. MAG
and LMA based) HO delay increase with ratio of one-hop delay
(wireless/wired) - this would even be more pronounciated in case all
MAGs were interconnected also by wireless links, right?
Another more general question would be whether also simulations are
availaible which describe end-to-end delay and multicast handover delay
without any of both proposed mechanisms - this would also show the
definite demand for a specified MultiMob protocol. 
 
Just my 2 cents ;-)
 
Best regards
Dirk 

  _____  

Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im
Auftrag von Behcet Sarikaya
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Januar 2009 16:57
An: [email-masked]
Cc: Tony
Betreff: [multimob] Simulation Results for Multicast deployment in
PMIPv6

Hello Folks,
Happy new year everyone
<http://mail.yimg.com/a/i/mesg/tsmileys2/01.gif> 
A few months back I had received some analysis of PMIPv6 Multicast
Deployment from Tony. Thought now is a good time to share this as we
debate the deployment choices. 
  Tony simulated mobile MNs with MAGs and LMA serving them. He compared
MAG based and LMA based multicast support choices for deployment.
  He measured things like multicast handover delay and end-to-end delay
for many scenarios.
  One of the findings is that LMA-based deployment choice has lower
handover delay but higher end-to-end delay.
  5-page report on these simulations is attached. 
  Regards,
 
Behcet

  _____  

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 2:07:51 PM
Subject: [multimob] Multicast deployment in PMIPv6

All,
    As I mentioned in an earlier message, one of the takeaways from the
BoF is that there is some confusion of how multicast can be deployed in
the current PMIPv6 architecture.  Some people argued that multicast in
PMIPv6 already exists using the base MIPv6 protocol.  Others argued that
either the MIPv6 multicast extensions can't be used or that they were
insufficient.

    From those arguments, I would see a work item being the
investigation of what the baseline deployment of multicast in PMIPv6
would look like.  This would preclude (for the time being) optimizations
such as different approaches to supporting LMA to MAG multicast transit.
I view this task as requiring a tight involvement with the NETLMM
working group in order to ensure complete understanding of their
evolving PMIPv6 specification.

    Thoughts?  Comments?

Regards,
Brian
_______________________________________________
multimob mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob