Subject: [multimob] Agenda for SF Meeting

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:04:31 -0700 (PDT)

hursday March 26, 2009 Room : Yosemite A
=====================================================================

Discussions: subscribe at https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob
  
  1. IGMP/MLD Requirements discussion (Brian, Behcet) [20 min] 
  2. Mobility Protocol - PMIPv6 Requirements discussion ( Dirk ) [20 min]
  3. Update on Solution Drafts (Brian, Behcet) [10 min]
  5. Next Steps and Action Items [10 min]

READING LIST:
Problem Statement Drafts:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-multimob-overwireless-ps-00.txt
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-deng-multimob-pmip6-requirement-01.txt
Other PS drafts
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-06.txt
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-deng-multimob-ps-mobilemulticast-00.txt
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-liu-multimob-igmp-mld-mobility-req-01.txt
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-zhang-multimob-memcast-ps-01.txt
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-sarikaya-multimob-ps-00.txt
Solution drafts:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asaeda-multimob-igmp-mld-mobility-extensions-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asaeda-multimob-pmip6-extension-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sijeon-netlmm-mms-pmip6-01.txt
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-yang-multimob-mip6-mc-tunnel-opt-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-deng-multimob-mip4-00.txt
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-xia-multimob-hybrid-00.txt
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-schmidt-waehlisch-mhmipv6-04.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-multicast-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents-03.txt

---

From: "john.zhao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:08:35 +0800

Hi,Behcet

        We have submitted our draft before last meeting. This time, I
will not attend the meeting directly. But our draft is still available
to be included at the following:
               http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-zhao-multimob-pmip6-solution-02.txt
        It looks like you have missed it from your draft list.
        FYI. Best Rgds,
Thanks,

John.zhao

2009/3/20 Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> multimob mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob
>
>

---

From: "john.zhao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:24:05 +0800

Hi,Behcet and all

        P.S. I will update my email address in this draft in the next
version. Meanwhile, to this meeting, I though it is a really good
chance to move this topic forward. And mail list too.

        Thanks and Best Rgds,
John.zhao

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 01:36:46 +0100

Dear all,
enclosed please find my draft minutes - please correct misunderstandings and add missed parts (if you attended the session)

Best regards, 
Dirk 

________________________________

Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von Behcet Sarikaya
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. März 2009 15:05
An: [email-masked]
Cc: Dave Thaler
Betreff: [multimob] Agenda for SF Meeting

  

READING LIST:

---

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:57:58 -0700

Hi Dirk,

[email-masked] wrote:
> Dirk shows his slides on PMIP6 req update issues - proposing to reduce requirements
> Thomas thinks these three issues are just too general (useful only for PS)
> charter shall mention few number of issues!

This was not exactly my intention to say.

What I tried to express:

Multicast extensions for PMIPv6 is far too small to fill the scope of a 
WG. Such a WG should cover all mobility-related issues of Multicast, 
i.e., extend multicast onto the mobility domain. So the WG description 
should be open enough to actually justify a WG.

However, as I tried to mention as well, the charter should be precise, 
containing milestones that are clearly achievable within a finite time 
frame. So, doing the (relatively simple) PMIPv6 case would be a good 
initial step.

We should probably add the concluding remarks of Marshall, as well. If I 
remember correctly, Marshall called for a significant number of decent 
documents to appear prior to Stockholm that will allow for judging on 
the future of Multimob.

Am I getting you right, Marshall?

Cheers,

Thomas
-- 

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °
° Dept. Informatik, Internet Technologies Group    20099 Hamburg, Germany °
° http://www.haw-hamburg.de/inet                   Fon: +49-40-42875-8452 °
° http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~schmidt    Fax: +49-40-42875-8409 °