Subject: [multimob] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment-03]

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:54:58 +0100

Hi folks,

we've completed our homework from Hiroshima now and submitted a new 
version of the pmipv6-mcast-deployment draft. Please see 
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment-03.txt.

 From the Change Log:

    The following changes have been made from
    draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment-02.

    1.  Many editorial improvements, in particular as response to draft
        reviews.

    2.  Section on IPv4 support added.

    3.  Added clarifications on initial IGMP/MLD Queries and
        supplementary information in appendix.

    4.  Appendix added on comparative performance evaluation regarding
        mixed/dedicated deployment of multicast at LMAs.

I hope this will stimulate/progress some of the technical discussions 
that are around.

Best wishes,

Thomas

-------- Original Message --------

A new version of I-D, 
draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment-03.txt has been 
successfuly submitted by Thomas Schmidt and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment
Revision:	 03
Title:		 A Minimal Deployment Option for Multicast Listeners in PMIPv6 
Domains
Creation_date:	 2009-12-16
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 16

Abstract:
This document describes deployment options for activating multicast
listener functions in Proxy Mobile IPv6 domains without modifying
mobility and multicast protocol standards.  Similar to Home Agents in
Mobile IPv6, PMIPv6 Local Mobility Anchors serve as multicast
subscription anchor points, while Mobile Access Gateways provide MLD
proxy functions.  In this scenario, Mobile Nodes remain agnostic of
multicast mobility operations.

The IETF Secretariat.

-- 

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °
° Dept. Informatik, Internet Technologies Group    20099 Hamburg, Germany °
° http://www.haw-hamburg.de/inet                   Fon: +49-40-42875-8452 °
° http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~schmidt    Fax: +49-40-42875-8409 °