Subject: [multimob] draft-asaeda-multimob-pmip6-extension-05

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 08:19:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Hitoshi, Shuai,
Regarding source mobility, in draft-asaeda-multimob-pmip6-extension-05 in the 
introduction you say:

The base solution described in [14] provides options for deploying
   multicast listener functions in PMIPv6-Domains without modifying
   mobility and multicast protocol standards.  However, in this
   specification, MAG MUST act as an MLD proxy and hence MUST dedicate a
   tunnel link between LMA and MAG to an incoming interface for all
   multicast traffic.  This limitation does not allow to use PIM-SM
   native routing on MAG, does not enable local routing, and does not
   support source mobility. 

I think you mean that no source mobility is specified (that's why now we have a 
work item on this). 

You do not mean that with MLD proxy in the MAG you can not enable source 
mobility.

Can you please clarify this?

Regards,

Behcet

---

From: Hitoshi Asaeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 21:17:42 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

> I think you mean that no source mobility is specified (that's why
> now we have a work item on this). 

Right. In my draft, source mobility is not discussed.

> Can you please clarify this?

If MAG is acting as an MLD proxy (having no modification), source
mobility is not supported, because the incoming interface for the MAG
is set to its tunnel interface whose end-point is LMA.

Regards,
--
Hitoshi Asaeda